tnttt is my refuge...

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

tnttt is my refuge...

Postby TimC » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:04 am

I watched a documentary on Netflix last night that scared the bejesus out of me. It's called "The Social Dilemma".

I just want to say that tnttt is one of the bright spots on the web. We have fun building, share stories and provide helpful techniques. It has been one of my favorite places to go when I'm stressed about the news. I just want to thank all of the participants for being the refuge we all need to focus on positive, constructive efforts. When I see my son's in process foamie teardrop sitting in the frigid carport waiting for attention I just have to go to "New Posts" or "Construction Tips and Techniques" to bring me back to a happy place and motivate me to work on some parts I can build in the warm basement shop to get a sense of accomplishment.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! :applause:

Tim

Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Re: tnttt is my refuge...

Postby TwilaR » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:22 am

I'm a newbie, but Amen!

I spend my lunch break reading posts, in preparation for building my microcabin. Not sure that without this resource I would have been able to take the plunge and do it!
TwilaR
Teardrop Builder

Postby gudmund » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:28 am

I second your thoughts = have been doing sort of the same here - checking in 2/3 times daily just to let the mind wonder off into the better thoughts away from the 'run of the mill' worldly news of today. Also thank you tnttt and you, TimC. for bringing up this subject................. :thumbsup:
gudmund
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby edgeau » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:51 pm

Amen to positive support and encouragement. I really enjoy seeing others achieve thier build. I also love getting ideas from what others do for my next "improvement".

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
edgeau
500 Club

Postby TwilaR » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:24 am

It may not be as busy as it once was, but for newbies like me this forum is an incredibly valuable resource. I have learned so much already and I've just barely dipped my toes in the waters.

A huge THANK YOU to all who experiment, document, provide input, and encourage. You are all very much appreciated!
TwilaR
Teardrop Builder

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:56 pm

There is so much good information and help to be had here, the site is far from dead. I do agree with Slow that lots of the peripheral conversation that relates to camping and camping activities has been taken away by Facebook. But if you are here to build a trailer, there is no better place to get help and information the tnttt. Thanks to Mike for keeping it going. If you enjoy the site, consider donating to help with the cost. (Top of the page in the blue section)
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby MickinOz » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:11 pm

This forum is also by far the most respectful.
By which I mean, should someone decide to do something different, there will be helpful advice, explanations of why that might cause problems, suggestions to assist the successful completion of the "thinking outside the square" idea.
There will not be a chorus of "that ain't a teardrop, you don't know sh** from clay."

And here on this forum, no one seems to care what country you come from.

In comparison, try pizzamaking.com.
There you will see examples of the dead opposite.
There are some of the most parochial provincial insular f@#kwits in the world on there.
If it ain't from the good 'ol USA, it ain't sh** and neither are you.

They seriously twisted my view of anyone from the US of A for quite a while.

You will be pleased to know you guys have managed to turn that around.
I'm now starting to think some Yanks are sort of OK, even Texans. :lol:
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Location: Somewhere, in 379,725 square miles of South Australia

Postby Bezoar » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:16 pm

I agree that this site is a great resource. It is neat that 10 years ago, there was more activity by the fact that there are so many links and pics from that time that I would love to see, but they are dead. It has really opened my eyes to how much the internet evolves as you get out away from the facebooks and googles, etc.

I appreciate all the folks who are willing to help out newbies, even if we ask the same questions over and over!

I enjoy my time here watching the interactions and learning as I start my trailer build.
Bezoar
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:30 pm

One of the biggest reason for dead links can be blamed on Photobucket. They were a free hosting site that decided they were going to start charging. Lots of people revolted and the links died. Photobucket for the most part shot themselves in the foot. I had a very nice build journal for 3 of my trailers that are now worthless because of Photobucket.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby rjgimp » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:46 am

MickinOz wrote:...even Texans. :lol:

That's a bit of a stretch, mate! :R
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby Tom&Shelly » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:21 am

MickinOz wrote:And here on this forum, no one seems to care what country you come from.

In comparison, try pizzamaking.com.
There you will see examples of the dead opposite.
There are some of the most parochial provincial insular f@#kwits in the world on there.
If it ain't from the good 'ol USA, it ain't sh** and neither are you.

Well, after all, pizza was invented in America... :thinking: Or maybe it was brought over by Columbus, or something... :?

Seriously, I'm sorry to hear that. They don't represent Shelly or me, or, I daresay, many, if any, other Americans here!

MickinOz wrote:They seriously twisted my view of anyone from the US of A for quite a while.

You will be pleased to know you guys have managed to turn that around.

Glad to hear it!

Tom
172912 170466 173366
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:09 pm

we did get into it with Canadians 8 years ago...

Yeah, they keep saying, "eh?" :lol:

A million years ago when I worked fire, about ten of us flew from Fairbanks into Watson Lake, Yukon Territories to take over a fire that had killed a B26 pilot and burned over a lookout.

I found the folks to be damn-near nicer than my homies. Maybe they were, eh?

:thinking:

Tony
Last edited by tony.latham on Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tom&Shelly » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:58 pm

I was stationed in England back in the 80's and we generally got along fine! Far as I remember the RAF had no complaints against us, except we were "overpaid, oversexed, and over here". (I'll plead nolo contendere.)

Later, I went to school (in Kansas) with a largely international crowd. One of my friends there pointed out that America is so big, and we're generally so inward looking that the outside world sometimes confuses our attitude with indifference, or worse. I suppose there's something to that.

Tom
172912 170466 173366
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby MickinOz » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:22 pm

slowcowboy wrote:I actualy friended Prince Harry online for a while around Christmas I have been around Aussie sheep sheering crews over here...i see nothing wrong with English folks.they think diffrent but are really interesting and nice...slow..well..we did get into it with Canadians 8 years ago on the forum.but ...who knows what there problem was???..slow

So that's where all the Aussie shearers went.
I did wonder.
Sometimes it seems like every shearer I meet over here came across the ditch from Aotearoa.
Just about have to speak Maori to work the sheds these days.
Happy to report that Kiwis are generally really nice people. (The very occasional bad ones are sent back as soon as they finish their jail terms.)
Few of us are of actual English descent. My family came from Prussian and German stock, for example.
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Location: Somewhere, in 379,725 square miles of South Australia

Postby QueticoBill » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:43 am

Upon my return this week after a few years away I thought postings had dropped a little. Surprised considering pandemic inspired surge in outdoor rec.

And Woodbutcher, first thing I did was donate!
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Next

Return to Off Topic