Wow, just makes my blood boil

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: Wow, just makes my blood boil

Postby rjgimp » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:18 am

Tom&Shelly wrote:
rjgimp wrote:Holy mother of incompetency! :shock:

5. I wonder what these people do for a living that they can put out $75k for a project like this and still have a fair amount of walking around money remaining.

Well, I understand one of their fathers is the "bottled water king" who recently lost $5 billion in one day on the Chinese stock market. :lol:

Tom

Hilarious.
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby rjgimp » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:28 am

Tom&Shelly wrote:Looked at the "Lonstar Skoolie" website and it looks like the guy who started the company is a 20 year old slacker (or whatever the name is for them these days)

Tom

Uhhmmm... asshole. I believe asshole is the appropriate terminology. :thinking:
-Rob

rjgimp
500 Club

Postby Tom&Shelly » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:58 am

rjgimp wrote:
Tom&Shelly wrote:Looked at the "Lonstar Skoolie" website and it looks like the guy who started the company is a 20 year old slacker (or whatever the name is for them these days)

Tom

Uhhmmm... asshole. I believe asshole is the appropriate terminology. :thinking:

:thumbsup:

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby bdosborn » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:05 am

rjgimp wrote:Uhhmmm... asshole. I believe asshole is the appropriate terminology. :thinking:

Totally.

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby Philip » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:44 pm

Ross the guy that made the linked video has I think two more videos of other buses by the same hack artists.

The last I heard is that "company" is now bringing in outside people to inspect the work before it leaves the property. If you watch the company videos that person shows no trace of anyone you would trust.

Myself if I was an inspector. I would tell them to start over. Hire someone that knows construction. Hire a good electrician, shoot the current electrician.
Philip
Silver Donating Member

Postby bdosborn » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:16 pm

Philip wrote: The last I heard is that "company" is now bringing in outside people to inspect the work before it leaves the property.

Yeah, pretty sure they are lying about that.
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby Philip » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:24 am

bdosborn wrote:
Philip wrote: The last I heard is that "company" is now bringing in outside people to inspect the work before it leaves the property.

Yeah, pretty sure they are lying about that.
Bruce

That my thought to.
Philip
Silver Donating Member

Postby GTS225 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:14 am

"Outside people" equals the homeless guy out on the corner with the cardboard sign. Give him a $20 and he'd probably sign off on anything they want him to.

Just sayin'.....Roger
GTS225
Teardrop Master

Postby friz » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:20 pm

Is this really worse then large RV corporations selling paper veneered crap to unsuspecting buyers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby rjgimp » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:54 pm

friz wrote:Is this really worse…

Perhaps only slightly.
-Rob

rjgimp
500 Club

Postby Tom&Shelly » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:44 pm

friz wrote:Is this really worse then large RV corporations selling paper veneered crap to unsuspecting buyers.

The CEO's of both companies should be roommates at an appropriate penitentiary.

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly

Postby TimC » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:24 pm

friz wrote:Is this really worse then large RV corporations selling paper veneered crap to unsuspecting buyers.

One would think the "premier" names in the RV industry would not operate like this. My FIL bought a Coachman Aurora motorhome in 2003 that cost him almost $100K. After a couple months of use some wall panels in the bathroom were coming away from the wall. The television in the bedroom fell off the wall due to a lack of reinforcement behind the paneling which the TV bracket should have been mounted to. Soon after, they began to smell sewage gasses whenever the motorhome was closed up. They eventually found after investigating that when the plumbing was installed at the manufacturer they neglected to connect the breather for the plumbing. There was no protrusion through the roof for ventilation. The open PVC pipe was just left to vent inside the wall cavity. FIL had to do the corrective maintenance himself because the dealer refused to open the wall to investigate even after being shown the lack of a vent stack through the roof.

I think the Lonestar Schoolie guy was a little young to be an apprentice in 2003 for that manufacturer. Which shows to go ya that quality in the RV industry is a perennial problem.
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby friz » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:14 pm

TimC wrote:

One would think the "premier" names in the RV industry would not operate like this. My FIL bought a Coachman Aurora motorhome in 2003 that cost him almost $100K. After a couple months of use some wall panels in the bathroom were coming away from the wall. The television in the bedroom fell off the wall due to a lack of reinforcement behind the paneling which the TV bracket should have been mounted to. Soon after, they began to smell sewage gasses whenever the motorhome was closed up. They eventually found after investigating that when the plumbing was installed at the manufacturer they neglected to connect the breather for the plumbing. There was no protrusion through the roof for ventilation. The open PVC pipe was just left to vent inside the wall cavity. FIL had to do the corrective maintenance himself because the dealer refused to open the wall to investigate even after being shown the lack of a vent stack through the roof.

I think the Lonestar Schoolie guy was a little young to be an apprentice in 2003 for that manufacturer. Which shows to go ya that quality in the RV industry is a perennial problem.
I have two close friends that have bought small bumper pull campers from the big RV names. One is retired and is becoming a full time camper expert against his will. Its constant work and he is visibly tired of it. The other is a young father hauling the fam to the lake on weekends. He is not as handy or ambitious. It is literally disassembling itself. It has some kind of insulation under the floor that leaves a trail when he goes places. Its like heavy paper with a thin layer of fiberglass insulation glued to one side. I don't see it lasting him 5 years.

The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby Tom&Shelly » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:37 pm

Oh boy! This is where I get to mention our friends who bought a whopping big camper (not their first, btw) and had the fake fireplace in the office fall over as they drove it out of the parking lot.

Now, why they needed an office in an RV in the first place raises other concerns... :crazy:

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly

Previous

Return to Off Topic