I love messing with people

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

I love messing with people

Postby Wrecit » Wed May 18, 2022 11:55 am

Ok I find the strangest things funny at times. As a Prius owner I accept that it's ugly and not a hot rod but LOVE the gas milage. So to poke a little fun at myself I got a front windshield visor sticker with the TRD logo. For the past year at least every few weeks at the gas station filling up I have this conversation.

Stranger: hey what's the difference?
Me: I'm sorry difference in what?
Stranger pointing at my windshield: that, what's difference between a normal Prius and a TRD Prius.
Me: ummm......the sticker.
Stranger pauses for a long second then walks away dumbfounded that I won't let them in on the secret
You hide your conversion and call it stealth. I put mine out in the open and give it a beer.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74635
Wrecit
Teardrop Master

Re: I love messing with people

Postby gudmund » Wed May 18, 2022 3:15 pm

I like it !!!! :thumbsup:
kind of like the last 3 of the 7 Geo Metro/Suzuki Swifts I have owned that I put 'Hybrid' emblems on their fenders. I still get comments like - 'what makes that a Hybrid?' or 'since when is that a Hybrid?' and of course my favorite answer - not meaning as much as it used to - being the Hybrids of today get 'so much' better MPG now than used too - was "oh come on, I get the MPG of a Hybrid, so why can't I 'be one' too?" :roll: (well over 42+ overall mpg average and still driving #7 today = 21years old model)

PS a few years ago, I had about a ft long piece of electrical cord with a 3-prong plug-in hanging out from the rear hatch as a joke, only to have a State Patrol car pull up 'right on' my rearend for a minute or so, at which time his lites went on = pulling me over - when he got out of his car he walked up to the rear of my car and after looking at it, he started laughing as he walked up to my window telling me that's a "good one" -but- warned me about 'if it ever fell off' = as he was getting back into his car, I got out and opened the hatch and put the cord back inside the car, which is where I think it still is today??? ...............
Last edited by gudmund on Wed May 18, 2022 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gudmund
500 Club

Re: I love messing with people

Postby Squigie » Wed May 18, 2022 7:39 pm

I enjoy the trolling, as well.
My '98 Jimmy has Honda hybrid badges on it.

Nearly identical conversation, any time someone comments or asks.
Stranger: "I didn't know they made those in a hybrid."
Me: "They didn't. I did."
Stranger: "Oh, cool. Is it Tesla swapped?"
Me: "No, it has a massive vee-eight out of a motorhome from the seventies."
Stranger: "oh..."

homdahighbred.jpg
homdahighbred.jpg (260.53 KiB) Viewed 313 times

The front end is currently blown apart again. I've been tweaking some things while waiting on some tubing to finish my cold air intake.
The added power from the snowmen will just have to wait. Good snowmen, though. Very patient. They will make a good air plenum.
moarpower.jpg
moarpower.jpg (185.49 KiB) Viewed 313 times

Those images are displaying very weirdly for me. Hopefully they aren't screwing things up for everyone else.
Squigie
The 300 Club

Return to Off Topic