Need help with tail light wiring.

Anything electric, AC or DC

Re: Need help with tail light wiring.

Postby bobhenry » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:09 am

As an ex Uhaul company store manager I will give you a little tip. Go in on your day off and reserve a u haul trailer and ask if they will pre-wire your truck for the tow. We really did not want to wire trucks on Saturday "HELL" day so it is welcomed. Tell them what you want as a setup 4 pin , 6 pin or 7 pin and this is a plug and play setup. You can adapt down to the 4 pin flat from the 2 larger ones. Often this is done a a courtesy for the cost of the parts only. (Some time a small fee) . In a day or two just cancel the reservation and you are wired at little cost. Total time in the bay should be about 12 minutes !
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby JasenC » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:26 pm

bobhenry wrote:As an ex Uhaul company store manager I will give you a little tip. Go in on your day off and reserve a u haul trailer and ask if they will pre-wire your truck for the tow. We really did not want to wire trucks on Saturday "HELL" day so it is welcomed. Tell them what you want as a setup 4 pin , 6 pin or 7 pin and this is a plug and play setup. You can adapt down to the 4 pin flat from the 2 larger ones. Often this is done a a courtesy for the cost of the parts only. (Some time a small fee) . In a day or two just cancel the reservation and you are wired at little cost. Total time in the bay should be about 12 minutes !

You are an evil wicked man :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will keep the tip for sure.
I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number.

Build Thread https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74269
JasenC
The 300 Club

Postby rjgimp » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:23 pm

JasenC wrote:
bobhenry wrote:As an ex Uhaul company store manager I will give you a little tip. Go in on your day off and reserve a u haul trailer and ask if they will pre-wire your truck for the tow. We really did not want to wire trucks on Saturday "HELL" day so it is welcomed. Tell them what you want as a setup 4 pin , 6 pin or 7 pin and this is a plug and play setup. You can adapt down to the 4 pin flat from the 2 larger ones. Often this is done a a courtesy for the cost of the parts only. (Some time a small fee) . In a day or two just cancel the reservation and you are wired at little cost. Total time in the bay should be about 12 minutes !

You are an evil wicked man :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will keep the tip for sure.

Yeah, Bob's been around the block a time or three. :twisted:
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets