looking for advice on teardrop battery type

Anything electric, AC or DC

looking for advice on teardrop battery type

Postby davidreidok » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:18 pm

I brought a 2012 little guy 5 wide about a year ago. My first teardrop. Have made some mods and am very happy with it. Looking to replace my WalMart RV lead acid battery with a better type. I use the fan, lights etc and right now that is plenty. I have a renogy solar kit and it does a great job of recharging the battery and my cell phone, computer etc.

I am looking at this Renogy battery
https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-Deep-Cycl ... B084M48255
I like the price, wonder if my little guy standard system will recharge it same for my renogy solar panel and Tacoma .

I am looking at the batter born hi dollar lithium battery as well. I know they last a long time but the high price turns me off. Might be overkill for what I need. Plus I do not know what modifications I need to add to recharge this type battery from the little guy standard teardrop electrical system, my Tacoma TV or my existing renogy solar panel.

I am out of my confidence level on all this. Looking for the reasonably cheap way to go other than just keeping my WalMart standard battery and hoping for the best. All feedback is appreciated.
davidreidok
Teardrop Builder

Re: looking for advice on teardrop battery type

Postby tony.latham » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:11 pm

I am looking at this Renogy battery...

That battery will work fine as long as it fits in your battery location. I think it's a Group 27. If not, grab a Group 24.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby davidreidok » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:53 pm

Just checking, so the renogy battery will charge ok with the Little Guy 5 wide OEM electrical system or my renogy solar panel ?

If so, that battery looks like what I will buy.

dave
davidreidok
Teardrop Builder

Postby tony.latham » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:15 pm

davidreidok wrote:Just checking, so the renogy battery will charge ok with the Little Guy 5 wide OEM electrical system or my renogy solar panel ?

If so, that battery looks like what I will buy.

dave

As long as your controller can be set for an AGM battery.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Return to Electrical Secrets