Antenna ?

Anything electric, AC or DC

Postby cracker39 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:48 pm

I guess that resolves my antenna problem. I'll order one and install it on the trailer, above the outside coax connection box. I have a sturdy vertical frame where the two sheets of plywood meet in that area to fasten the mount to.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:38 pm

PaulC wrote:Guys, What ever happened to a good book and MAYBE a radio. I'm with Larwyn on this- If the rocks dry it's fine etc etc etc. Out bush no technology apart from printed or the MP3 player tops. ;)

Cheers
Paul

PS See I told ya Steve :lol:

Books don't have a weather forecast and radio (well is radio) and I listen to a lot of it. :thinking: . TV shows all the radar forecasts and such. I still like to be "in touch" even though I go camping "get away" from things, especially on the "teardown day".. My cell phone has a great weather , radar, sever weather, etc so I guess I could get along without the TV, and the XM radio and the DVD, thr A/C but I just love the gadgets. It's just me. I even use a cell phone internet connection at the camp site. If I need to reattach myself to reality (briefly) I have the option. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Arne » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:13 pm

Usually when teardroping, the days are quite busy, even at campgrounds. A bit of brain-dead entertainment before bed is relaxing for me. A book requires concentration.... TV does not... I bring some recorded vcr tapes from home just in case I can not get my evening tv reception..... but, then, I have a microwave too.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby cracker39 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:28 pm

With cable at home, we have the recording feature so I'm not worried about having a TV along to keep up with my programs. But, my wife likes to keep up with the news and have something to watch if she gets bored (she's not a real fan of camping). Who knows...I might take along a movie or two on DVD to watch because I don't have much optimism on getting more than 2 or 3 channels to watch while camping.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

TV or No TV?

Postby Aaron Coffee » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:22 pm

I like to watch the weather forcast or if there is sever weather. Around here all of the radio stations have gone network, and just barely give mention if there is severe weahter, so as far as severe weather I find the TV more informative.
If I could shut my brain off, I could save myself alot of time, money and effort.
Aaron Coffee
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: TV or No TV?

Postby PaulC » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:23 am

Aaron Coffee wrote:I like to watch the weather forcast or if there is sever weather. Around here all of the radio stations have gone network, and just barely give mention if there is severe weahter, so as far as severe weather I find the TV more informative.

Rock Dry-- Fine
Rock wet-- Rain
Rock rolling-- Windy
Or any combo of the above
:lol:

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Re: TV or No TV?

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:32 am

PaulC wrote:
Rock Dry-- Fine
Rock wet-- Rain
Rock rolling-- Windy
Or any combo of the above
:lol:

Cheers

Paul, The "rock" rules on the Internet. :thumbsup: http://www.windycreek.com/weatherrock.html

I need one that does more than an intantaneous weather report. I like to be ahead of the weather if possible. 8)

I could be bordering on "Weather Freak".... :o :lol:
http://www.youmightbe.com/pages/weather.html
or am I just dreaming http://www.weathermatrix.net/phpBB2/vie ... &start=15& :o :roll:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby PaulC » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:28 pm

Kurt, Not wishing to harp on this, but if the weather forecasters over there can only supply instant severe weather warnings, just prior to the weather changing for the worse, it's a wonder you go camping at all. Surely the daily papers would give you all fair warning on any probs looming on the weather front.
I know that some areas can be subject to tornados etc but I would think that camping would be kept to a minimum, if at all, during these times.
I just think that camping is for getting out there, not being ensconced in your TD.

Cheers
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:59 pm

PaulC wrote:Kurt, Not wishing to harp on this, but if the weather forecasters over there can only supply instant severe weather warnings, just prior to the weather changing for the worse, it's a wonder you go camping at all. Surely the daily papers would give you all fair warning on any probs looming on the weather front.
I know that some areas can be subject to tornados etc but I would think that camping would be kept to a minimum, if at all, during these times.
I just think that camping is for getting out there, not being ensconced in your TD.

Cheers

No problem, you're not harping. I just like to know what's coming. As long as the technology is there, and I can afford it, that's what I like to do. That's just me.

The daily papers are about 12 hours out of sync with weather and news.
You're right though, many times the long range (two days) forecast is inaccurate. You'd think that with all of the money thrown at it that it should be better. I'm really only looking for the next half day outlook. The severe storms around here (like other places) can pop up pretty fast. Nothing wrong with being prepared.

My cell phone weather can show where the storms are so I have a little warning.
Camping is a very relaxing time for me and the ability to see a little bit into the future (weather) makes it even more relaxing. I use the TV to watch many other things too aside from the weather. I like to play a DVD (something goofy) or a music CD during the day. I can play it in the galley as well as inside. Sometimes it is a conversation piece- other times it's just fun.

Have fun and enjoy your TD, :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby PaulC » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:06 pm

Cheers for that Kurt. I think if we where all the same with our thoughts it would be a pretty boring world we live in :D

Maybe we should give Steve his thread back now :lol:

Cheers
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby cracker39 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:59 pm

Paul, I agree that's what camping is about. But, if it rains all day, being inside could get boring and a TV might provide some relief. I'll take one along, but may not watch it at all. But, if I decide to watch some TV, I'll have it. available. I've done my share of primitive camping with tents and now, being in my 60s, a little comfort and convenience is welcome.
Dale

cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Micro469 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:24 pm

Me? Well it's real simple....

Red sky in morning.... A sailor takes warning..
Red sky at night... is a sailors delight.

That's the only forecast I need. :thumbsup:
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets