My wiring plans

Anything electric, AC or DC

Re: My wiring plans

Postby memsiej » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:43 pm

Joanne wrote:Hi all,

I've been thinking about how to set up the wiring systems on my trailer. I've broken the wiring up into three systems; the trailer running lights, the trailer battery charging circuit, and the cabin lights.

Here are the three diagrams that I came up with. Any comments, suggestions, or thoughts about what I've laid out?

Thanks!
Joanne

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I really like these diagrams and have a few questions:

1. IIRC, the wiring already exists on the tow vehicle as illustrated, and the only wire that would be newly introduced would be an additional wire off the solenoid to the trailer battery, correct?

2. Sorry if I missed this info but, what are the wire sizes from the solenoid to the el cheapo, el cheapo to the fuse block, and from the fuse block to the accessories?

Thanks!
memsiej
Teardrop Inspector

Postby SLJ » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:02 pm

Nice job. Fuse should always be first after the + battery terminal before any other components. I'd reverse the switch and fuse.
2021 T@B 320S Boondock
SLJ
Teardrop Inspector

Postby pchast » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:20 pm

I'd never rely on the trailer to carry the ground back to the battery. Run two wires to all lights and appliances. It will stop many of the normal problems with wiring and multiple ground connections.
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets