Help...minimal LEGAL running/brake light required for TTT

Anything electric, AC or DC

Re: Help...minimal LEGAL running/brake light required for TT

Postby working on it » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:11 pm

working on it wrote:... I've long considered an easy add-on, that stands out at night... a "line of fire" type LED light bar (like added to many pick-ups). There are some that have multi-functions, and a four-way connector for easy hook-up to the trailer wiring. It's on my to-do list http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rpe-960135/overview/
The attachment multi-function tail light bar.jpg is no longer available
Each day, after work, I pass by the Autozone where I bought all of my 12vdc LED lights for my trailer. Sure enough, they had a Bully "Fire Strip", with the functions I wanted. Bought it. Now to figure out where to mount it. In addition to the 3M tape on it, I'll screw it on as well, so it'll stay where mounted. High mounted, or low? I like my conspicuity tape as-is, so I'm considering two spots on the hatch:
proposed mounting locations of fire strip.jpg
proposed mounting locations of fire strip.jpg (56.17 KiB) Viewed 3490 times
Either spot will work; I'll tie in the 4-way into the Spectro junction box under the trailer. Running lights, brake lights, sequential signal lights...!
line of fire LEDs.jpg
done
line of fire LEDs.jpg (57.43 KiB) Viewed 3464 times
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets