Need Battery help plz

Anything electric, AC or DC

Re: Need Battery help plz

Postby godskid » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:01 pm

Thanks everybody! The charger actually had a green LED this morning, so it stopped charging. I had to go out, so I ran the trailer's fan while still connected to the charger, for about 2 hours. Then I turned off the charger and am running the fan a bit more, just to prove to myself that the "full" charge is more, this time. I won't let it go so low that the battery cuts off, but I'll give it an 8 hour run, as it would get while sleeping with the fan on.

I think it's all good now. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Deb
godskid
The 300 Club

Postby saltydawg » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:58 am

Well we know the battery made you panic, but look at it this way. If it had been a lead battery, you would have done serious damage by running it that low. Lifepo4 for the most part will not care.

You dont need to exercise the battery monthly, charge it twice a year when not being used until there is no more current flowing into the battery ( less than an amp ). Then using the meter run 10 amp hours or so out of the battery, then disconnect it. If your going camping, charge it up before use, or dont as you still have plenty left. When you come back from camping if you have over 70% charge left just disconnect it until your next use or twice a year charge.
Scott
Lost in Maryland
2021 just said to 2020, hold my beer and watch this.
saltydawg
500 Club

Postby godskid » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:47 pm

Thanks! Good info to have.

And now that I've finished a 2 hr fight with my wifi provider (no, I said cancel it 6 days from now, not NOW, you twits!) I'm back online and can reply. If it's not one thing, it's another. Sigh.
godskid
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets