Protecting Wires

Anything electric, AC or DC

Protecting Wires

Postby Capebuild » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:54 pm

Yet another electrical question.
I've got a number of electrical wires that run through (sandwiched) within the pieces of ply that make up the wall assembly. They exit at the top of the wall section and will feed through the headliner and run through the roof cavity to supply power to various fixtures. I probably should have inserted the wires in a loom of some sort.... but I'm wondering if where they exit the walls the wire should be protected somehow so they're not rubbing against the wood edges when they bend to enter the roof cavity. I'm thinking maybe hot glue or try and surround them with a bit of shrink tubing......
Any thoughts would be appreciated...... Please see attached picture .

thank you.

John
Attachments
wires.jpg
wires.jpg (169.11 KiB) Viewed 435 times
"Success can be defined as moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm".... Churchill

Visit my Teardrop build here: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73779
Capebuild
Donating Member

Re: Protecting Wires

Postby rjgimp » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:59 pm

Would it be relatively easy to disconnect one end of them and get them into a piece of loom? If they are going around the end of a sheet of plywood like that I would be inclined to protect them in some way. I have seen wire loom that comes in something of a spiral that you can get around a few wires that you are unable to disconnect. I would rather put in a bit of effort now than try to track down an open circuit situation three years from now.
:frightened:
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Return to Electrical Secrets