Rooftop air conditioner

Anything electric, AC or DC

Rooftop air conditioner

Postby Bruce R Leech » Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:57 pm

Has anybody tried putting a rooftop air conditioner on a teardrop trailer.? If so what kind and what size did you use I'm thinking about doing this with a 9,500 BTU unit it's supposed to be very quiet and efficient. Please let me know what you think thank you very much
Bruce R Leech
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Rooftop air conditioner

Postby featherliteCT1 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:26 pm

Bruce R Leech wrote: a 9,500 BTU unit

Can you post a link to this unit?
featherliteCT1
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Bruce R Leech » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:10 pm

Yes thank you for your reply I really am curious if anybody has tried this before on a teardrop I know that the BTUs are a little high but it's the smallest unit that I can get and it's a very quiet unit and very efficient can be run with a small generator.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08QZ ... FVDYM&th=1
Bruce R Leech
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Bruce R Leech » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:12 pm

Something else I'm going to try that I don't know if anybody has done before is I'm going to make in my roof of my little teardrop two different 14-in ports and I will still have a an air of fan vent and also the AC on the other side.I know this is a little strange a little unusual but we live down here in Mexico where it's very hot a lot of the year and we need a lot of AC and a lot of ventilation.
Bruce R Leech
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bdosborn » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:30 pm

Van guys have been doing a vent and an A/C for years; It's a great setup if you have the roof space for it.
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby Bruce R Leech » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:46 pm

bdosborn wrote:Van guys have been doing a vent and an A/C for years; It's a great setup if you have the roof space for it.
Bruce
yeah my little teardrop that I have under construction right now is going to be a 5-ft wide and a measured it out and this air conditioning unit is narrower than most of them and so there seems to be plenty of room to have both the exhaust vent and the air conditioner up on the roof So I'll let you guys all know how it goes as I get farther along The air conditioning unit is a little pricey but it seems like for the for the efficiency and the quietness of the unit it seems to be a lot more practical.I wish somebody made one like this that also had the heat pump feature But they don't what I guess I've tried looking and no success. My latest build on the teardrop will be pretty much an electric powered by a Honda 2200 watt inverter generator and convection cooktop no gas.
Bruce R Leech
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jspringator » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:33 am

Bruce, did the rooftop AC work? I've been thinking about doing the same with my Little Guy 5 wide.
jspringator
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Electrical Secrets