What is the scariest or most challenging concept you have!

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

What is the scariest or most challenging concept you have!

Postby ReginaldPorter » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:05 am

Question
What is the scariest or most challenging concept you have encountered while kayak camping?

Most unnerving or testing, gee, having grown up with wild setting up camp piece of my current circumstance, with well gifted guardians, when I was in control I realized that legitimate prep disposed of most issues. However, one element that no measure of prep can relieve is "stoopid" individuals.
As a Guide the issue for the most part was foolish conduct by individuals with either a little genuine past experience, or with experience situated in what they have perused or potentially been told by others, regularly with next to zero genuine encounter or authentic information. (Similar to the Covid circumstance and the relief strategies accessible, including the infusions, which dislike the "immunizations" of earlier illnesses). Speedy story for instance: In 1968 I directed a gathering of High School age youngsters who had been on a wild kayak trip the past summer. They needed to be in charge of all parts of the fourteen day trip.
This was back before the current lighter weight food items were being used, large numbers of the food things were canned, and hence weighty. Their past experience had been the place where the nourishment for every week was pressed in independent packs, I clarified that as I would portage the food pack, we would have all the food in one pack, and I brought up that there was a piece of paper that demonstrated the measure of every thing that should have been utilized PER supper. As they saw my quality as a means to an end, for example prerequisite of the administration, I avoided the food prep process, joining the gathering toward the finish of the supper, as it were.
From the beginning I saw that there appeared to be food left over in the wake of serving, which was uncommon, yet I had been having incredible karma getting fish, which enhanced the food pack things, so credited the abundance to the fish gave. I asked with regards to whether the cooks were following the "sums" as clarified and the reaction was not "kind". As was custom, partially through the excursion I requested that they stock the food pack, to guarantee that we had adequate item. Their reaction was to get some information about the "second week" food pack.
Clearly they had not disguised the way that we were going with all of our food in one pack. One of my brand names was a sweet cornbread heated toward the finish of the evening, joined by incredible espresso, the fixings held under my influence, for example stuffed in my own pack. Along these lines, our second seven day stretch of the excursion had cornbread and espresso, and the folks found out with regards to living off the land, widely varied vegetation. (Notwithstanding my fishing supplies I had a wrist rocket slingshot, and a heavy kayak paddle, which was even, and which, when matched with the slingshot, was a powerful technique, think "harpooning", of social occasion things for the stew pot. Helping the experience was an extraordinary populace of shellfishes and crawfish.
ReginaldPorter
Teardrop Inspector

Re: What is the scariest or most challenging concept you hav

Postby tony.latham » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:06 am

Your first post and it's about kayak camping?

:thinking:
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Return to Camping Secrets