Teardrop Covers

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Re: Teardrop Covers

Postby gudmund » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:16 pm

Teardrop cover up-date : today when I walked outside, I glanced over to the parked teardrop and saw something that didn't look right = the top of the cover had opened up at the roof-vent area. Is now ++ two years old and the 'paper' material used in it's construction had just fallen apart from weathering. (have seen this happen before in some of the low $$'ed car covers I have bought over the years) It had come with a 3 year 'supposed' factory warranty when new, but since I used it for about "twice" as long this year as last (being it has been sitting all of this year so far covered due to this "epidemic" = NO camping yet!) am not going to bother with the "warranty hazel" = it has served it's purpose and is being replaced with a "supposedly" better made one - more$$$ one - when it gets here. What I paid $68 for two years ago is now $79 on Amazon - so this time, I went ahead and paid the $112 for the "better" made one with the 'Lifetime' Warranty = we'll see? ..... in due time :roll:
gudmund
500 Club

Re: Teardrop Covers

Postby dmb90260 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:02 am

I saw something on Facebook where they are selling old billboard vinyl to cover all sorts of things. Made to last in all kinds of weather, t might be better than average tarps.
My teardrop and vintage trailers both have new homes so I just offer suggestions with no actual testing. :?
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets