Best cooler option

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Re: Best cooler option

Postby gudmund » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:24 pm

guess I will be staying with 'the' tried/true "real - Ice Chests"!! after reading the 'Ryobi" instruction Manuel...... Socal Tom :thumbsup: Thank you for posting this Ryobi info - Guess, if there was any space for one in a teardrop - you could almost use this -so called 'cooler' for an 'air conditioner' inside - if you had any ice 'available' after that HOT day of camping - that is...... :roll: .................take care
gudmund
500 Club

Postby campbellinaz » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:34 am

I just saw some powered coolers/refrigerators on Amazon by Alpicool for very affordable prices. A 55 qt Alpicool was $319 and comes with a 12 v and 120 v adapters. There are also some other “generic” brands for similar prices. By the time you buy 2 lesser coolers or a root molded one your getting close to or beyond $300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
campbellinaz
Teardrop Inspector

Postby PCO6 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:56 am

On the subject of "ice chests", and this will be of no help to this thread, I recently sold a Coleman ice chest (real name) to a guy who was big in to vintage 60's camping. I bought it with the idea of converting it into a kegerator. After a bit of research I figured the last thing I should do was cut it up as thee things are quite rare, especially if complete and in dent/rust free condition. It had the same dimensions as coolers of that era but it was used in the upright position. The guy was quite excited to get it.

PCO6
Teardrop Master

Postby ArkansasDon » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:56 am

what works for us Sally & I & long term investment is a 12v.\110 portable fridge freezer for our perishable foods. We have the Engel MR040 Eclipes 40qt it only pulls 1.4 amps hr. Drinks we still use cooler, Pelican 30qt. IMO nothing keeps your drinks colder than ice. 4 days it hold ice & we keep our fridge & cooler off the ground on cooler stands.
Attachments
forum (3).jpg
forum (3).jpg (169.99 KiB) Viewed 4701 times
2019 Runaway Range Runner Offroad Build
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72442
ArkansasDon
Teardrop Advisor

Postby PCO6 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:27 am

We tried a basic 40 qt. 12V MobiCool cooler (on the table) for the first time on our last trip. It worked great. So much better than dealing with ice … and worse, melted ice. My beer cooler (on the ground in this shot) is a "Yeti like" Ozark Trail roto-molded cooler that is now tried, tested and going strong. :beer:

Don - Good to see you over here. I followed your build on "Overland Bound". Nice job! Good also to see that you're feeling better. :thumbsup:
PCO6
Teardrop Master

Postby ArkansasDon » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:39 pm

PCO6 wrote:We tried a basic 40 qt. 12V MobiCool cooler (on the table) for the first time on our last trip. It worked great. So much better than dealing with ice … and worse, melted ice. My beer cooler (on the ground in this shot) is a "Yeti like" Ozark Trail roto-molded cooler that is now tried, tested and going strong. :beer:

Don - Good to see you over here. I followed your build on "Overland Bound". Nice job! Good also to see that you're feeling better. :thumbsup:

Thanks, just about finished my chemo treatments, last one is 1st week of March, 2nd & 3rd 2020. Sally & I are leaving mid March to do 2 more states on Trans America Trail. I happen to stumble on to this site. I'm usually over @ American Adventurist or a Facebook Group. I don't visit Overland Bound much any more. Like your set up.
2019 Runaway Range Runner Offroad Build
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72442
ArkansasDon
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Pinstriper » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:32 am

+1 for the Ozark Trail rotomolded coolers. I have the smallest one, as it is the biggest that one person can easily carry when loaded. I also have a similar sized Yeti. The perform about equally near as I can tell. Since we haul with a pickup truck, these travel in the bed. I do secure them in the bed in transit and the TD frame at camp with a bicycle cable to deter the quick walk-by.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !
Commas. They save lives.
Pinstriper
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets