Hey fellas!

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Hey fellas!

Postby freddylangosh » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:15 am

looking to install a rooftop camper to a canopy.

I haven't bought either components yet. I'm looking for advice so I can buy the correct equipment.

I'm planning on buying a 1800x1800x860mm reinforced canopy and would like to have the King's Grand Tourer MKII Aluminium Rooftop Tent installed on top. I was planning on having two ladder racks installed on both ends of Canopy. The rooftop tent is 2350mm long. Is 550mm too much overhang? and should I consider getting three ladder racks instead? all advice is welcomed.

Thank you!
freddylangosh
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hey fellas!

Postby RJ Howell » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:26 pm

freddylangosh wrote:looking to install a rooftop camper to a canopy.

I haven't bought either components yet. I'm looking for advice so I can buy the correct equipment.

I'm planning on buying a 1800x1800x860mm reinforced canopy and would like to have the King's Grand Tourer MKII Aluminium Rooftop Tent installed on top. I was planning on having two ladder racks installed on both ends of Canopy. The rooftop tent is 2350mm long. Is 550mm too much overhang? and should I consider getting three ladder racks instead? all advice is welcomed.

Thank you!

You need to explain a bit further... Building off a canopy? Several ideas here o RTT's... yet off a canopy???
Obviously, not getting what you're putting down. Please explain further..
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Camping Secrets