Benroy Design Questions

Here is a generic building plan for a teardrop designed by the members of T&TTT.

Benroy Design Questions

Postby napigsi » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:34 pm

You TD enthusiast have me knee deep in a design. I have decided to go with the Benroy design but have a couple of questions.
1. I am going to stretch the 8 Ft. design of the plans to a 10 ft. Where should I put the extra footage? I am leaning towards a 12-inch front closet/shelf. and distributing the other 12-inches between the galley cupboard and cabin cupboard, keeping the galley hinge in the same place as designed in the plans.
2. With that change has anyone needed a deeper counter?
3. I am also designing it around a standard queen mattress and insulated walls, this makes the overall width of the trailer 63 1/4 inches. I am planning to use aluminum as the skin. Any ideas as to where to find 64 inch aluminum sheeting?
4. I will be using a jeep wrangler as a tow, I am torn between the axle types. will there be that much bounce where i should give the torsion axle more consideration?
5. I am also going with the above the frame design, and planning on covering it with the aluminum skin with a bottom aluminum molding or a diamond plate type covering. Do you see any problems with this?

6. Oh and also, how many build hours should I realistically be looking at? I am a "think about it four times, measure twice, cut once, do it right the first time and move on" type person and really do not plan to build another one as this will be a means to allow me to enjoy my other hobbies more and more often.

I will look forward to any help and suggestions you all may have.
napigsi
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Generic Building Plans