Custom Windows for curved surface

Important Information and Stickies...
(Threads with essential information about building teardrops)

Custom Windows for curved surface

Postby harringtonb2 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:54 am

Hello, has anyone ordered a custom window for their teardrop camper build? We are having ours built and would love to find someone who can do a custom window for us that would fit the radius of our camper. Thank you!
harringtonb2
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Custom Windows for curved surface

Postby western traveler » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:36 pm

There was a recent discussion starting around this point in a recent thread. You might touch base with one of them as to their resolution...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73542&start=30#p1274197
western traveler
Donating Member

Re: Custom Windows for curved surface

Postby Capebuild » Sun May 09, 2021 6:11 pm

I'm probably a little late to reply to your post. I've got a curved window planned for my build. I searched far and wide for sourcing a glass window that had a slight curve to it in the X-Axis. Tough to come by. I then researched using polycarbonate. I've settle on using this for my build. There are a number of polycarbonates available (eg. Lexan, TUFFAK AR polycarbonate sheet, etc )..... The Tuffak provides good UV protection, one or both sides available with a scratch protective coating, and has the capability to be either cold bent or thermo bent. You have a choice of trying to cold bend it or heating it and bending it (draping it) over a form. I'm going to try and cold bending .177 inch thick Tuffak AR. As a back up, there is a company near me that does powder coating using large ovens. I would need to build a form for the PC to be draped over. Cold bending seems like less work if it, indeed, does work using that method.
Hope this info helps is able to help you...at least point you in a direction.

John
"Success can be defined as moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm".... Churchill

Visit my Teardrop build here: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73779
Capebuild
Donating Member

Return to Essential Information about building teardrops