Hi From Appleton Wisconsin

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hi From Appleton Wisconsin

Postby dannlh » Wed May 11, 2022 12:51 pm

Hi,

Newbie. I am interested in building a Teardrop or other TTT. My quest is to build something that I can tow with my Mazda CX-30 (2000lb limit).

Just starting my research journy. I have all the skills and tools I need. Welding, woodworking, electrical, plumbing. you name it. I just need to put together my wants vs needs list! :D

There is one reason I joined this forum! This message: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=73771 You didn't flame NJCamperDude or rip him to threads. The replies I saw were well thought out, and gave reasons that his request wasn't realistic while also giving suggestions on how to solve his dilemma. That is the sign of a healthy forum!

I'm looking forward to reading the thousands of messages here and learning from everyone!

Dan
dannlh
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hi From Appleton Wisconsin

Postby TimC » Wed May 11, 2022 1:05 pm

Welcome Dan. Good building to you! Thanks for the compliments about the forum. Warning, it is addictive!

My daughter is in Appleton and we go frequently... usually for a house project on her 1940s Cape Cod. You are close to a variety of materials sources. It shouldn't be too hard to empty your wallet :R
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby breb » Wed May 11, 2022 3:19 pm

Hi Dan
lots to glean from this forum. Pose the question or look through the archives. I can truly say I have never been badgered or berated on this group but rather helped and encouraged.
I personally did not have a set of plans to guide me as to my build. It took on a life of its own and I went with it. there were certain things I wanted to include in my TD .
like 12v fridge / ac/dc, cabinets inside and in galley. Best of luck with your build

159609 159606
breb
Teardrop Master

Postby tony.latham » Wed May 11, 2022 6:18 pm

Welcome. The coffee is always on in this camp.

:thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Pmullen503 » Thu May 12, 2022 7:29 am

dannlh wrote:Hi,

Newbie. I am interested in building a Teardrop or other TTT. My quest is to build something that I can tow with my Mazda CX-30 (2000lb limit). ....

Dan

Welcome! I'm in Fond du Lac.

Some unsolicited advice: The weight ALWAYS ends up more than you plan. So "build in" lightness at every step in the process.

You are absolutely right on the wants vs needs list; what would be the coolest trailer imaginable and what is the minimum I can tolerate and still enjoy the trailer.?

If you keep those things in mind, you'll make a better choice of size, design and construction methods.
Pmullen503
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves