Just became the owner of a Homemade Teardrop in CO

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Just became the owner of a Homemade Teardrop in CO

Postby TheTrees » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:10 pm

Wow, look at this place! So much information about teardrops that I'm a bit overwhelmed, this is great.

My wife and I just bought a used homemade teardrop as a shortcut past building our own. It's going to need some work done, but it's good to go as soon as we register it and put a mattress in, so we'll be able to get straight to the fun part.

Someone in Colorado built it back in 2011 and did a really nice job. Seems like it used to be blue and white but has been painted a flat gray. It's taken a touch of wind and water damage, but everything seems like it was put together really well. It's put together so neatly, in fact, that I'm thinking maybe the builder used some established plans. I'll be digging through the forums to see if I can find the original schematics, but maybe someone recognizes the shape of it?

Here's what it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/A9iVTFb
TheTrees
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Just became the owner of a Homemade Teardrop in CO

Postby tony.latham » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:33 pm

TheTrees wrote:Wow, look at this place! So much information about teardrops that I'm a bit overwhelmed, this is great.

My wife and I just bought a used homemade teardrop as a shortcut past building our own. It's going to need some work done, but it's good to go as soon as we register it and put a mattress in, so we'll be able to get straight to the fun part.

Someone in Colorado built it back in 2011 and did a really nice job. Seems like it used to be blue and white but has been painted a flat gray. It's taken a touch of wind and water damage, but everything seems like it was put together really well. It's put together so neatly, in fact, that I'm thinking maybe the builder used some established plans. I'll be digging through the forums to see if I can find the original schematics, but maybe someone recognizes the shape of it?

Here's what it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/A9iVTFb
I don’t recognize as a plans-built teardrop.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby TheTrees » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:24 pm

Thanks for your eyes on it! I haven't found anything that looks like it anyplace in these forums either, but hopefully seeing a lot of the projects here will help keep me from reinventing any wheels. I've got some very handy friends who have invited me to borrow their tools and expertise, so hopefully by this time next year we'll have some very cool before and after pictures to share!
TheTrees
Teardrop Inspector

Postby QueticoBill » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:10 am

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome aboard!
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves