Awakened biker building a tiny-home to enjoy the country

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Re: Awakened biker building a tiny-home to enjoy the country

Postby Chief-John » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:44 pm

rjgimp wrote:Welcome to the asylum, John. You appear the type who will fit in just fine around here. Hope to cross paths sometime.

Thanks 'Gimp', I'm still working on my project... Starting to think it may never be 'finished' I keep thinking of more things I want to do to it!
Chief-John
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Chief-John » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:55 pm

saywhatthat wrote:noticed some of these teardrops are double layers of 3/4 plywood. I think you better check that out I don't think that ever happen

I actually saw a DIY teardrop video on Youtube that had solid wood walls, 1 1/2 inches thick from dbl 3/4" plywood... He layered the curved roof with ply inside and metal on the outside.
Others will go triple plywood, Using 3/4" in the center, with holes cut for insulation and 1/4" inside and out. I just watch and learn... Applying what appeals to me that fits my budget and my trailer.
One of these days, I'll upload some pics of it so I can post a few for anyone curious.
Chief-John
Teardrop Inspector

Postby USMCDon » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:47 am

Chief-John wrote:
Donatello1 wrote:[size=150] Welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie and having my 6 x 9 ttt built by Ok schooners. Only trouble with that is the build time. Going to be early June before we get on the road. I'm an old biker, now retired and doing the cage thing. Just wondering how the teardrop pulls behind the bike.
Why does everyone type in such a small font?[
The Beavers Bend Campground , that's in Oklahoma , right? size=150]

Thanks 'Don'... 6x9 is huge compared to my 24 sq ft 4x6... Yeah, I'm in OKC so I jumped on a meetup that close! I have a friend that pulls a small popup camper with a goldwing trike. On YouTube, I've seen some DIY 'Foamies' pulled behind a bicycle! they're 1 1/2 styrofoam glued together and layered in fiberglass or PMF/canvas/glue and paint. I'm sure you can make a camper to haul behind a regular motorcycle... I haul a small scooter in my camper for campground mobility and ice runs. lol

I just noticed that you are in OKC and I want to give you a personal invite to Sooner State chapter of Tearjerkers , Having a gathering at Lake Thunderbird State Park , September 21-25th . Look on Tearjerkers.net and sooner state Chapter. I'm trying to get this chapter up and running.
USMCDon
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves