Newbie looking to build

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie looking to build

Postby mechmagcn » Tue May 06, 2008 7:10 am

Hi all, I'm Jeff from south Arkansas. We are avid RVers who have recently joined the classic truck scene and need a smaller trailer to pull behind our classic. I have seen several teardrops through the years, but never really thought of owning one till now. I have started construction of my new trailer and am sure I can find any info to help me through the tough areas of the build.
I am a Master Certified RV Tech, so the systems are nothing new, but it looks like some of the construction techniques are a little strange to me. So, bear with me folks, and I'll ask away! :oops:
Jeff & Micki
53 F100
Mercedes turbo diesel
Teardrop "finished" as if they ever are
You can never be lost if you don't care where you are going!
mechmagcn
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Tue May 06, 2008 10:42 am

Welcome Jeff...I'm sure with your skills, you should turn out a nice camper...I hope you will join some of our gatherings, in the South Central area...good luck on your build......
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Roly Nelson » Wed May 07, 2008 1:58 am

Welcome, Jeff, you have come to the right place. So ask, and the answers will come. Good luck on your build. Check out some of the local teardrop owners and get some good advice. Take plenty of pics, post em and we'll catch you around the campfire in the near future.
Roly, So Cal ol' timer ;)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby ARKPAT » Wed May 07, 2008 4:21 am

Welcome Jeff!

Check out the gatherings in the South Central Region. :thumbsup:

We will be having a gathering at Petit Jean State Park on June 20 thru June 22. Come by and visit or join the group and camp with us. Just call the park we have started filling up Area "B" on the north side of the highway and will use Areas"C" and "D". This will take place the weekend after the Car Show on the Mountain; located at the Museum at Winrock Farms down the road a short distance. :thumbsup:

Pat

PS All the information is on the thread for PJ II in the South Central Region.
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mechmagcn » Wed May 07, 2008 6:33 am

Thanks folks, I have been reading through the site and have come up with most of the answers that I had, but I'm sure that I will have many more before this is through. Still trying to decide on the final design for the side profile.
Arkpat, I plan to be at the swap meet and car show, but don't see any way to stay or come back for a camping trip the next week. Hope I can catch the group at a later date.
Jeff
Jeff & Micki
53 F100
Mercedes turbo diesel
Teardrop "finished" as if they ever are
You can never be lost if you don't care where you are going!
mechmagcn
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves