G'Day from Australia

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

G'Day from Australia

Postby bassist » Sun May 11, 2008 5:55 pm

G'DAY EVERYONE , I'm from Australia , I've just posted in the general discussions ....YOU MIGHT GET A KICK OUTTA THIS .... a little teardrop trailer behind our bike
I'm starting to gather materials to build a full size teardrop to pull behind my wifes Mitsubishi FTO , for the winter months over here..................cheers
Steve in Oz
bassist
Teardrop Inspector

Welcome to the Oz Man

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Sun May 11, 2008 9:28 pm

Hi Steve, From down under, welcome to the land of teardrops. I hope you and your wife have many happy travels in your tear. One of the places I have yet to visit, and really will someday, is Australia. My plan is to spend a few months and dive on the reefs over there. We have some other Oz folks on the forum, and I've been told I'm a right good Sheila by one of them. :lol: Check out the IRG link below to see what I do in my spare time. Keep us posted, and of course, send dem pictures to us. Also, do you play the bass guitar, or are you just a superior fisherman? :lol: :lol:
Joanie
The Teardrop Nanny :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby bassist » Mon May 12, 2008 5:06 am

Hi Nanny , Yeah Mate , in my book , your a bloody good lookin' Sheila
hehehehe ........yep I'm a freelance musician bassist , studio , stage etc ...double bass and guitar bass ....... where ever the phone calls take me , thats where I play ...........cheers.....Steve in Oz
bassist
Teardrop Inspector

Postby PaulC » Mon May 12, 2008 6:26 am

G'day Steve. Where do you live in Australia? I'm in Adelaide. Enjoy your time here and follow TDN's advice about the pics.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
PS TDN's ben saying about coming down here for a couple of years now. You never know, she might show up one day ;)
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Oz Visit

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon May 12, 2008 9:29 am

:R Oh yes, Paul, Oz Land is on my bucket list! Going to see the retirement counselor in a few days. To truly appreciate Aus. you need a few weeks or more to visit, and in the right season. I'll get there one of these years! Do you think I'll be able to borrow a teardrop?? :lol: :lol:
Joanie
TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby bassist » Mon May 12, 2008 4:44 pm

G'Day Paul , I'm part retired and live on a farm just out of Stroud , north of Newcastle , NSW , we are out in the scrub but not too far from town

your in a nice part of the world too , been down there a quite a few times , I was in Glenelg last year for a recording gig for 3 days

Joanie , having at least a few weeks would be a big plus to see this unique country

cheers to all Steve
bassist
Teardrop Inspector

Down Under

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon May 12, 2008 10:31 pm

8) I try to tell people that going to Australia for only a week would be very hard for me to do. A country/continent of that size.... it would be like trying to see and visit the United States in a week....you really wouldn't get the full picture. I could spend a few weeks just along the barrier reef!

Also, that's a 'sweet' little trailer picture you posted behind your "bike". You probably got some double takes on that one. Have a great time with your build.

TDN :R
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves