Hello all

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello all

Postby K5camper » Mon May 12, 2008 11:16 am

Hi all. I am a newbie to the teardrop crowd but not to camping. For years I would through a sleeping bag in the back of my Suburban and go out hunting for the weekend. I even had a 16 ft travel trailer I used on a deer lease for a while. But now I have decided to try to involve the wife and kids with my love for camping. The issue I have come across is trying to find a trailer that can be a multipurpose camper. I drive a 79 K5 Blazer that I use for my hunting trips and of course the wife has the Dodge Caravan. So my goal is to have one trailer that can be towed by both vehicles and sleep two adults and two small kids. I thnk I have decided on a campster12 type tear with a few modifications. Anyway just wanted to introduce my self, now I'll continue to lurk a little and try to learn some more.
K5camper
Teardrop Inspector

Postby elmo » Mon May 12, 2008 3:43 pm

Welcome to the insanity!!!!!

I'll show you mine if you show me yours!!!!

It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
elmo
Donating Member

Postby K5camper » Mon May 12, 2008 5:02 pm

Hey thanks! I would love to show mine but the K5 is currently torn down to be rebuilt over the summer. The engine locked up and I figured it was a good time for a total rebuild. I can't wait to get started on the teardrop after I get the K5 out of the garage.
K5camper
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Woodyperk6 » Tue May 13, 2008 9:11 am

Welcome to the forum. There's going to be about a dozen of us in Palo Duro Canyon this weekend. Come on up see some teardrops & make some new friends.
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed May 14, 2008 9:13 pm

Image to the playground. Getting the family involved sounds great. And putting two kids in is not that big a deal. We have lots of families building. :thumbsup:

Enjoy and when you get going be sure to take lots of :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: to keep the bubble oil level.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves