Another newbie

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Another newbie

Postby FlyerSkip » Tue May 20, 2008 11:44 am

Well here goes. I'm Skip and the love of my life is my wife Lorretta or just Retta for short. You can find us here in Tulsa where we belong. We've been looking at the teardrops for some time now but due to a couple of surgries on my arm have been slow to start. This is a bad thing 'cuz I'm a libra and can never make up my mind if I have to much time to think.
However, she keeps me on track. Looks like we will be going with something around 5'X10'. I plan on doing my own design and construction. I don't see anything that's out of my abilitiy to build. We'll get some pictures posted soon so ya'll can see what we look like. We are excited about this build and even now we've had a ball talking and planing what we want (this is a common topic for us). We look forward to meeting some of you soon. And thanx for the great sight and info. :D [A one legged duck swims in a circle]
A one legged duck swims in a circle.
FlyerSkip
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Roly Nelson » Tue May 20, 2008 3:37 pm

Hi Skip, welcome to the forum. Looks like you two have been bitten badly by the teardrop trailer bug, and that's a good thing. I can relate to the talking and planning, as many others can. We have all probably been in your position, and once you do have your teardrop finished, it will change your life.

I suppose you have been reading the many posts about newbies going to a local gathering, contacting some TDers in your area and checking out the various places on this board to get ideas. Don't hesitate to inquire about any subject that interests you, we are here to help. Good luck on your build and be prepared to hear from some of your local Okie friends. Go over and check out their trailers if you can, a good look at the real thing sure can inspire you to build the perfect trailer of your dreams.
Roly :thumbsup:
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Wed May 21, 2008 7:33 am

Image to the playground Skip and Retta. Now having committed to building your own design you realize you are now committed to keeping the bubble oil with lots of :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: 8)

Enjoy and catch up with the locals. There are quite a few in your area.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby doug hodder » Wed May 21, 2008 9:41 am

Welcome aboard Skip and Retta....if you haven't seen a TD up close and personal, put a note in the South Central topic area and ask if there are any close that you could check out. I'm sure someone will come through for you. Build what you want, and have fun with your build! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Welcome

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed May 21, 2008 9:46 am

Hello to you, Skip and 'Retta :D
What a wonderful opening and tribute you gave to your marriage. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time on the forum and most importantly the finished product. There are many teardroppers out there, so test the waters and you'll find your "niche" soon enough. Keep us posted.....
Joanie
TDN :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Mike C. » Fri May 23, 2008 8:05 pm

Hi Skip and Retta,

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're headed in the right direction, so get in there and start making sawdust. Keep an eye on the South Central forum, because I'm sue there will be a get together soon. When you start that build, be sure and post lots of pictures to help us keep up with your progress.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves