Still makin' sawdust in Gig Harbor WA

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Still makin' sawdust in Gig Harbor WA

Postby Mitch M » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:50 pm

O.K. I finally got some pictures posted. This is what I got... I found a slightly than larger 5x8 Wells Cargo trailer (rated 3500#) that was stolen from, and recovered to a tool distributor. The sheet metal was all cut off. I purchased this for $300.00. I guess it was stolen twice! Decided to go with a BenRoy profile. My Lady friend and I are both 6 footers. So far the build is going o.k. I've only encountered a couple of minor screw-ups. But with a little contemplation they turned out to be pluses. Each step kind of falls into place. I find myself concerned about the next step and by the time I get there I usually get it figured out. The information on this fourm has,and will continue to be invalueable...Thank you all and I hope that I may be able to contribute something to another newbie thru my process. Check my album for photos
Things that make you say hmmm
Mitch M
Teardrop Builder

Postby Juneaudave » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:36 pm

Say...that is looking good!!! Keep up the nice work and keep posting pictures!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:24 pm

Image to the playground Mitch. You have a wonderful start on the TD. Cabinets are really nice. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Thanks for the welcome

Postby Mitch M » Fri May 02, 2008 4:27 pm

Thanks for the welcome! Here's some pictures of last 2 weeks (4 days) work on the teardrop. Check my album.
Mitch M
Teardrop Builder

more build pictures appx 2 mounths in

Postby Mitch M » Fri May 30, 2008 3:51 pm

Slow progress but overall I think I'm heading in the right direction. This thing kind of takes its own direction and always "morphs" into something different. I find myself after a long day just sitting and stareing at it trying to decide which way to go next :thinking:
Mitch M
Teardrop Builder

Postby mikeschn » Fri May 30, 2008 3:55 pm

Can you post larger photos in your album? I think 640x480 would be perfect! ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

picts size

Postby Mitch M » Fri May 30, 2008 4:01 pm

You bet Mike. Sorry about that.had to downsize to post . Still experimenting I guess. Thanks for the tip. By the way I never would have attempted this build without the plans you've posted. An invalveable recource. Thanks again.......Mitch
Mitch M
Teardrop Builder

Postby Mike C. » Sat May 31, 2008 10:15 pm

Hi Mitch,

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you're off to a great start and I really like the cabinets and counter top. Keep at it and before you know it, you'll be camping.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves