Oh well, that was a flop

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Postby Mike C. » Sat May 31, 2008 3:22 pm

Hi Thunderknight,

Sorry for your problems. But I bet if you did a poll, you would find almost half of the people here threw up their hands at some point and said I give up. I can remember building ours when I thought, if I slip out at night with a chainsaw or an axe, I would still have a good flatbed trailer to haul stuff on. But I didn't and we worked thru the problems, one at a time, until it was done. This is not to say, that we didn't have to do a couple of things twice. Miriam is the carpenter, I couldn't cut a straight line, if you held a loaded gun to my head. Just don't give up and don't destroy it. Take a deep breath and stand back and see if there are some minor or major changes that you can make to correct it. Then git-r-dun. You might take some pictures and post them and maybe as a group, we might be able to help you fix it.

Good luck and see you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby MOKI SEAKER » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:41 am

Don't give up, never surrender. I used the pieces of my first attempt as jigs for the next one. You will always need scrap wood for your build anyway, and you get it by making that first practice attempt.If anyone asks just tell them that you were Just practicing for the real trailer build. Thats what I did. Heck people look at it now and don't even know how many practice's I had... Jim G :D
If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed.. If you do read the newspaper. You are misinformed.
Mark Twain
MOKI SEAKER
The 300 Club

Postby swissarmygirl » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:52 am

My 2 most important rules for building:
1) Straight lines are overrated :lol:
2) Mistakes are just opportunities for creative solutions!

Don't give up!!!
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves