Newbie from the Home of the Ga Bulldogs!!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie from the Home of the Ga Bulldogs!!

Postby daddiozz » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:36 am

Hi all,I'm Zach,...at 50+ I'd hardly consider myself a "newbie" ...but over the course of the past couple of years ..I've experienced several firsts ....Up until a few weeks ago,the only "teardrops" I knew of came from :cry: and any TTT's I might have seen were mistaken as cargo trailers. :oops: I discovered this site purely by accident while searching for info on the TAB trailers ...up until then the only type of "RV" I'd ever seriously considered building at all was a bus/truck conversion ,.Speaking of trucks ,up until late 2006 I drove an 18 wheeler ...so sleeping in a 8x5x5 box will be a piece of cake... :)
After spending many a late night perusing this site ,I went out and bought a H/F trailer kit....at the present time I'm leaning towards the "Desert DAWG"(what else would a UGA fan build?) ;) ...its just my son (13) and I together now ...this has turned out into becoming a perfect father/son project that both of us can ,not only enjoy the time building together but also using afterwards for our many weekend trips to the mountains and fun/flys....our tow vehicle is a 4 cyl (140 hp) KIA Sportage...so the light weight of a teardrop is a big plus :thumbsup:....I do have several questions ,but I'll address them in the proper threads at a later time if I don't find the answers on my own.Thx
daddiozz
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Mike C. » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:25 am

Hi Zach,

Welcome to the forum (party) ? Sounds like you've figured out what you want to build, so all you gotta do, is start making sawdust. Be sure and post some pictures of your build, as you go, so we can keep up with your progress.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Roly Nelson » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi Zach, welcome to the land of ex-newbies and present teardrop builders and/or vintage trailer enthusiasts. You must be commended for building a teardrop as a father-son project. I wish I would have thought of that way back then. If the model airplane is any indication of your skills, your teardrop will sure be a head turner. Good luck on your build, take pics and post 'em. Having a trailer is a good start, now for the important dissisions of shape, size, and materials. Join the club, we have all been there. Oh, expect to hear from Mad Jack, he's another long-haul trucker that can give you some pointers on your project.
Roly:applause:
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby madjack » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:49 pm

...hiya Zach...welcome to our little funhouse...I can't think of a better father/son project...it'll generate great memories for both of you....keep on readin' and researchin' and we will be here with advice(some of it pertinent and useful)...but most of all just have fun with your project...and don't forget the pics, so we can share the ride with ya.....
madjack 8)

p.s. 20+years and near 2mil miles keepin' it neat in my air-ride seat.......MJ
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Image to the playground Zack. I sure hope you and your son enjoy your build. The Desert Dawg is awesome and there should be lots of them.

Now you gotta take pictures cause they keep the bubble oil level and the Mad Ones happy 8) :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:08 pm

Welcome, Zach! Glad to have you on the team!

My build is also based heavily on the Desert Dwag, coupled with Mike's Weekender, and my own desires.

Take lots of pictures!
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves