Hello everyone!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello everyone!

Postby TinyTim » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:22 am

I've been lurking here a while, and decided to finally join up and itroduce myself. I'm a 27yo bachelor and veteran, and blew most of my dough on a sports car. My insatiable appetite for adventure got me to thinking about how cool it would be to hook up a little tear drop to the GTO, and forget about paying rent, but go on vacation 'til I'm thirty instead seeing the sights of America, and experiencing real freedom first hand (providing Ms. Right doesn't come along and bring the party to an early end). The problem I have is simple: I'm a jack of all trades, yet a master of none. I'm pretty good with tools, but there's just no way I would try to take on a projoct that's intended to be water-tight and expect it to work out. :oops: I've seen some pretty cool little rigs out there though, and I've been thinking about picking up a bare-bones deal for roughly $2,800.00, and finishing it up the way I want it. After I finish up some initial research, I'll post a thread seeking input from you guys (and gals) picking your brains on the best way to power my toys. A galley isn't really essential, but a microwave is a must for a guy that lives off of TV dinners and hot-pockets - I did mention I'm a bachelor ...what'd you expect? :) Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you here in the forums. :beer: *cheers*

TinyTim
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.
TinyTim
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:02 am

Hi tiny,

Welcome to the forum.

Yea bachlors don't need cooking facilities. I would recommend a wet bar where the galley normally goes. A couple of dorm sized fridges, a nice shelf for liquor, with mirrors and all. And don't forget the blender. :lol:

And tell me what campsite you'll be in so I can come and visit! ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:48 am

TT,

Mike knows best. Build it they will come. :lol:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby TheBizMan » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:55 am

Hi TT, Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place for information. I envy you, traveling across country, but I know you will love the teardrop.
Lee - TheBizMan sez
Teardrops make for happy camping
ImageImage
TheBizMan
Gold Donating Member

Postby Mike C. » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi TT,

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've got it all figured out. Just be sure, as Mike S. said, to let us know where you are camping, so we can help you straighten out that wet bar. Anyway, if you are looking for a trailer, you might post a request in the " Wanted or For Sale " forum and see what replies you get. But most of all, get in and have fun.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby TinyTim » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:54 pm

Wet bar, blender, fridge ...man, you guys are good. 8)
I've been checking out the Cabin Car Thread, and have been inspired by the design. I bet you could pack a lot of toys in one of those, and the lines are just gorgeous. Tounge weight might be a problem though (gotta keep it under 200lbs. :thumbdown: ). Thanks for the warm welcome here. I love surfing the site, and taking in all the info out there. I've been bitten by the bug, and now I can see how addictive these little things can be ...is there a rehab for teardrop addicts? :crazy:
TinyTim
Teardrop Inspector

Postby del » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:37 pm

TinyTim wrote:..is there a rehab for teardrop addicts? :crazy:
Yes build another one. :lol:
welcome to the madness
del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Sam I am » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:43 pm

Welcome, Tim! You'll love having a teardrop!
Don't sell yourself short regarding your building skills. Most of us here (including me) are far from "professionals" in that area, and most of us have built teardrops that work well and don't leak! With a good set of plans, and a few tips gleaned from this forum you might surprise yourself with a great build! Just a thought.
Sam
Sam I am
500 Club

Postby TinyTim » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Thanks for the encouragment Sam, but as of ten minutes ago, I found out that my brother turned my trailer into a BBQ pit. I guess I shouldn't have waited so long to get it back after letting him "borrow" it. Now if I wanted to build I would be starting completely from scratch. My old trailer had the 15'' wheels would have been perfect for a 5'x8'. :fb Oh well. I took Uncle M's advice, and ran acrosst Gage's freebie in the W&FS section, and I've fallen plumb crazy for it. Not only is it in my price range, but I'd feel much more confident in bringing life back to the old eventhough research has begun to reveal that restoration can be as equally challenging as bringing life to a new creation, but making old things new again is another one of my keen interests. I'm still not exactly sure what I'm going to do, but I've got a friend in Cali that I haven't visited in a few years, so maybe that would be a good excuse to go visit her if/when I get there. Buy, build or restore - one way or another I've gotta get in one of these things.
TinyTim
Teardrop Inspector

Postby satch » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:34 pm

...is there a rehab for teardrop addicts?

If there is, let us know 8)
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:35 am

satch wrote:
...is there a rehab for teardrop addicts?

If there is, let us know 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is no cure and Tiny Tim has been bitten. He is even gonna meet Gage. ;)

The only treatment (to ward off complete insanity) is to get the bubble oil level :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: and lots of :question: :designing: :hammer:

(we want pictures of everything including the GTO.) But none of this :hammerhead:

Image to the playground and Image for serving!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby TinyTim » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:17 am

Miriam C. wrote:
There is no cure and Tiny Tim has been bitten. He is even gonna meet Gage.

Yes ma'am, I hope you're right in your intuition; then I will have my very own teardrop! :dancing ...then the custom stuff goes in :twisted: ...the bar, the blender... She'd be a fine-looking tear too once she's all done-up real nice like. I think it's got a great look to it with the old school fenders on it and all - I love the shape this one has to it.

I e-mailed my friend out west to see if she was interested in some company while I'm out that way, and that will determine a lot as to weather things will go as I've got planned. There are still plenty of variables here, but I'm so excited at the thought of grabbing this beauty just for the price of grub and gas ...wait a minute ...gas alone makes this nearly a $5,000.00 trailer :thinking: Jj. I am totally stoked about this thing though. I sure hope that I can be the one to take her home and make her myown. :worship:

:question:
Can I ask you somethin' Auntie M? When you talk about "the bubble oil level," What's that mean? I'm sure I look silly for asking, but I've gotta know.
TinyTim
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Roly Nelson » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:43 pm

Tiny Tim, welcome to the board. We all know that Gage is a caring, helpful fellow and if you ask him nicely, there is a chance that he might consider hauling the little teardrop to Texas for you. All you have to do is have a pot of coffee ready and sit back and listen to teardrop info that many of us could only hope to have in our memory banks.

If you have a friend out on the west coast that might "want some company", you might find that sometime in the future you might want to invest in a slightly larger tear that is more cozy for two. Just a thought. Let us know what Gage's response is, because for sure, it will be non-confrontive, gentle and thoughtful..............good luck.
Roly :o
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves