Hello from Melbourne Australia

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Melbourne Australia

Postby dpederick » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:33 pm

Hi,

I'm David and I have just joined the group looking for ideas and inspiration with a view to building my own teardrop. Sue and I have a 3 1/2 year old girl who we need to accommodate so I am going to need to build something of a reasonable size. We currently have a soft floor camper trailer with plenty of space but not really suitable for overnight stays on long trips.

best wishes

David
dpederick
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Roly Nelson » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:40 am

Welcome to the forum, and as they say down-under........Gday. There are a number of teardroppers in OZ, all you have to do is post a message in the General Disscussion section and I am sure they will respond. Check out all of the info we have to offer and ask any questions any time. Good luck on your build.
Roly :thumbsup:
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Jon&Sue » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:29 am

Welcome to the neighborhood David, Sue, and little one too. Beautiful city, Melbourne. I long to go back. I have a picture of the city set as my wall paper on my computer, and a framed picture of the city at night framed over my desk. A wonderful place.
There is a ton of information here. I am sure you will find plenty of ideas to help you decide on your build. This has to be the friendliest, most helpful group I have ever found.
I hope you enjoy your stay.
Jon&Sue
You do not impress me with what you start, you impress me with what you finish.
Jon&Sue
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Bristol Delica » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:58 am

Hi David

Lots of info and tips to be found here, hope you find what you need, but BEWARE......... T&TTT's should carry a health warning as they are addictive.

I spend most of my time either working on my build or thinking about it, for example I am typing this while I am at work supposedly solving other peoples housing problems!

Best of luck cobber!

IanJ

He who dies with the most toys, wins!
Bristol Delica
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:42 am

Image to the playground David. More than a few Aussies hang out here. Not sure if any are from your area. If Paul C ever gets back from work he will know. He is from Adelaide.

Just in case you aren't aware there is also an Aussie site to be found at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/teardropcampers/

We have lots of young families so lots of building going on with bunks for the kidlets. :thumbsup: Oh and you really need a camera :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: Gotta keep that bubble oil level.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby rabs » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:50 pm

Hi dpederick, welcome to the forum, there are some great resources on this site so enjoy, Im another ozzie from Newcastle and there are a few others as well, I havnt been on in the last month or so but I must get back to my build

cheers

rabs
Happy to be Trailer Trash

There a 3 kinds of people that I don't like in this world, Those that can count and those that can't
rabs
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves