Newbie from South Africa

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Thu May 22, 2008 6:45 pm

bgordon wrote:
By the way. I am an 'oldie' by now, but someone bumped this old thread to the top of the newbies section again!

They are sorted by latest entry, not by when the thread began. When someone responds, back to the top you go! So those of us who like to read everything can get to the latest responses quickly!

- Cliff
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Re: ah... a joburgian eh!

Postby mikeschn » Thu May 22, 2008 6:57 pm

Lara,

I can change your name if you like. Check your PM...

Mike...

BigJeff wrote:Am now regretting posting our name as BigJeff!! I'm Lara and my Boyfriend's Matheas... the big jeff thing was a silly joke (ahhh booze) that makes sense to no one except us!! haha oh well, i shall continue to be referred to as Jeff, I spose there are worse names...

VA is Virginia and I'm currently in Virginia Beach. I've got a couple of friends in Joburg at the moment. Were your born in SA or did you move out there?
Nice pics by the way!
Lara
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby aammmar » Sat May 24, 2008 11:12 am

Welcome! Better late than never. I am a newbie since April. Your pics of SA are beautiful. Always wanted to visit but never made it. Traveled to many countries in Europe and Asia but never Africa. My brother and I are planning a Trip to SA, most likely in a year and Johannesburg was where we were going. His has a dear friend whose family still lives there. So that makes it easier.

You have a beautiful family. I have three grown children two girls and one boy and I have 10 grandchildren, the oldest is 17 and the youngest is one. The grandkids are great and they really make me smile.

Good like on your build.
"Laughter is life's music."
aammmar
Teardrop Builder

Postby bgordon » Mon May 26, 2008 2:19 am

Aammmar, thanks for the welcome and the compliment about the family. When visiting South Africa it is definitely a good idea to consult friends who live here. If you want ideas where to go or to see the best sights, feel free to send me a PM.

Kind Regards,
Barrie

Keep moving forward.
Psalm 1:1-3.

Build Journal: bgordon's 5 week cardboard & fiberglass build
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=38781
bgordon
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves