Newbie with a question

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie with a question

Postby IndyMatt » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:45 am

Hello everyone! I am brand new to this forum. My name is Matt and I live in Indianapolis, Indiana. I have wanted to get a teardrop for quite some time and I think I am about to take the plunge!
Although my father is a jack of all trades, I don’t have enough time to dedicate towards a building project right now, so I have decided to purchase a manufactured teardrop. Since I drive a Honda Civic, I know that I don’t have a whole lot of options for towing capacity. I have my eyes on a 4x8 Little Guy with platform for my bicycle.
I have been in contact with Babe of Babe Bove Motors Inc in Cincinnati. She has an “IN STOCK LEFT OVER MODEL BRAND NEW” that she is quoting me a price of $3800 plus freight charge of $295.00.

Has anyone dealt with this company, and do you all think that this is a good deal? Since I am a “virgin” I want to make sure I am not getting the short end of the stick.

Thanks to all!
IndyMatt
Teardrop Builder

Postby halfdome, Danny » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:47 am

Welcome to the forum. Don't know much about Lil Guy TD's other than seeing a couple of them.
Check out the prices on this page to get an idea if your getting a good deal or not. Good luck :thumbsup: Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Roly Nelson » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:54 pm

IndyMatt, sounds like a fair deal to me. You might want to take a drive down there and pick it up. That way your 300 buck shipping charge can be applied to a fun camping trip on your way home, in your new toy. Oh yes, welcome to the forum, ask more questions, take pics and post em!

Roly :thumbsup:
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Jst83 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:26 pm

:applause: Yeah another Indy person
Welcome Matt from a neighbor to the East,
Be sure to check out the upcoming gathering in May at Brown County there will be lots of tears to see and plenty of new people to meet. If you don't have your tear by then feel free to bring a tent and join in the fun. Or come down for the day just to say Hey.

Scott
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:25 am

Image to the playground Matt. I agree with Roly. Check it out before buying. Little Guy seems to make great teardrops but what happens after the factory might be another story.

Enjoy :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby IndyMatt » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:10 pm

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I wont be able to make the Brown County outing as I will be at Missenewa that weekend.
The corporate guys at Little Guy have been great. I gave them the VIN of the teardrop in question and they told me it was a 2006 - so the deal was not so sweet. I have my eyes on a couple of different options. My hitch should come via UPS on Friday and my dad is helping me install on Saturday. I hope to have a teardrop soon...until then I am learning a lot by browsing this forum.
IndyMatt
Teardrop Builder

Postby Mstro » Sun May 04, 2008 12:06 pm

not sure what a good price is in Indiana, but here in Virginia the "Little Guy" sells for around $5000.00 at Gander Mountain Sports, with no bike platform. Hope this helps
Marc

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream by night."
Mstro
Teardrop Advisor

Road Trip

Postby IndyMatt » Thu May 08, 2008 1:09 pm

I did get my hitch installed last weekend and I am headed to Canton Ohio this weekend to purchase a teardrop from the guys at LittleGuy. We already have plans to go camping the following weekend in Mississinewa, so if all goes well it will be in a new teardrop!
IndyMatt
Teardrop Builder

Postby Jst83 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:23 pm

:applause: :applause: :thumbsup:

Yeah now your hooked, as if you weren't already :lol:

Don't forget the :pictures:

Scott
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu May 08, 2008 1:29 pm

You really need to reconcider Brown County on the 16th. Where are you gonna see 30 teardrops all together and meet 60 + nice folks. Plus the Shelby car club of Americas reagional get together is in the same park that week end. Bring that new rig on down and show it off. I'll show you my $900.00 Schlock Drop.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

It's official!

Postby IndyMatt » Mon May 12, 2008 7:51 am

So I made the trip to Canton on Saturday and picked up my LittleGuy. It was exactly what I wanted. I am very happy! I'm just working on a list of things to pack for our camping trip this weekend. I also plan on buying a new mattress topper for the teardrop. I will post pictures as soon as I can. :D
IndyMatt
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves