A big hello from Virginia

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

A big hello from Virginia

Postby Mstro » Fri May 02, 2008 5:19 pm

I guess it about time I make an effort and introduce myself to all of you. I've been in and out of this forum since I found it months ago. It's been a great source of information about the subject of TD and TTT. As you can see by my avatar, I have been working on a design inspired by the Compact II Travel Trailer. It is 126in long by 70in wide with inside galley and a pop up roof section to ad extra standing room. I hope to start construction this year and post my construction pics for all to see.
Again a big hello to everyone.
Marc

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream by night."
Mstro
Teardrop Advisor

Postby pete.wilson » Fri May 02, 2008 9:47 pm

Hey

Mstro,

Welcome to the forums; lots of good information and skilled people around here. Looks to be an interesting build you have. :thumbsup:

Pete Wilson
Ottawa, KS
Kansas Bigfoot Investigations
Why hasn't anyone found a dead bigfoot? When was the last time you found a dead deer, bear, coyote, fox, squirrel, etc. that died in the woods.........Hmmm.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby Roly Nelson » Sat May 03, 2008 12:49 am

Welcome to the forum, and good luck on your build. That is an interesting design. I am interested in seeing what you come up with to make it waterproof. I have been sketching some sort of flip-up, slide-out little unit as well and am always interested in new weatherproofing solutions. Take pics and post em. We love pics.
:applause: ..........Roly
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Mstro » Sat May 03, 2008 7:39 am

Thanks for the welcome, the water leak problem is definitely going to be a challenge. I think I have the problem thought out in the up and down positions. I will be drafting these thoughts in Turbo CAD to see if they are reasonable. The water getting in on the transition during or after a storm is something I will have to live with. If anybody has suggestions please post.

again thanks for the welcome and thoughts :thumbsup:
Marc

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream by night."
Mstro
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Miriam C. » Sat May 03, 2008 1:09 pm

Image to the play ground Mstro. We will certainly be interested in lots of pictures of this one. When you get your ideas in a place make your way to member designs and post. I know you will get lots of activity.

Enjoy :thumbsup: 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby starleen2 » Sat May 03, 2008 3:59 pm

Welcome and good looking design. :D However watch that axel placement – in the center is not always a good idea – could cause some swaying and inadequate tongue weights
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby Creamcracker » Sat May 03, 2008 4:11 pm

Another Virginia resident - welcome.
Philip
Image Image
3rd Annual Out of Control Shop Winner :)
Creamcracker
Teardrop Graduate

Postby Mstro » Sat May 03, 2008 7:57 pm

Thanks for the suggestion about the axle. i had thought about moving it back. with most og the galley wt forward how much would you recommend.

hey philip it good to hear from a Virginian :thumbsup: :applause:
Marc

Mstro
Teardrop Advisor

Postby wanders » Fri May 09, 2008 5:22 pm

All Right! Another Virginian :applause:

Hope to see you out camping soon.
Wally & Cathi

Director- Old Dominion Tearjerkers

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby Mike Angeles » Fri May 09, 2008 7:12 pm

WooHoo!, Midlothian here, Who knew?

Mike
Image Image

tact /takt/ –noun
1. a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; including the ability to speak or act without offending.
2. a keen sense of what is appropriate, tasteful, or aesthetically pleasing; taste;
Mike Angeles
Teardrop Master

Postby starleen2 » Fri May 09, 2008 8:35 pm

Mstro wrote:Thanks for the suggestion about the axle. i had thought about moving it back. with most og the galley wt forward how much would you recommend.

Hard to say without knowing any specs. However if it feels a little light, tends sway, or see-saw with the axel where it is - a remedy is to place more loaded weight in the front. Our first had the axle almost centered and it bounced swayed and teetered like a bucking horse. When I began to load it with some weight in the front, all this stopped. However, remember the max. tongue weight of the tow vehicle. if you are starting from scratch, it is better to move the axle (Check out our website under tiny trailer for a visual of what I mean)
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves