Teardrop wannabe -- License to post

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Teardrop wannabe -- License to post

Postby dray » Tue May 06, 2008 10:10 pm

Hi everyone,
My name is David Ray (or Dave). I have been lurking and learning for a while now. I currently camp in a 27' bunkhouse trailer. That thing has served us well as a family... did Yellowstone, Yosemite, Sequoia, Grand Canyon, Zion... but it is huge. And it takes a huge vehicle to move it around. (I use a F250 7.3 liter Powerstroke. Buying fuel for that will give you a power stroke these days.)
As I get older I am beginning to appreciate smaller and simpler while at the same time higher quality. I think building a teardrop would a great project and the camping in it would very much suit my wife and me in the future.
It will be a bit before I can start but I have done a lot of thinking and learning. I am ready to start asking questions in some of the threads so wanted to introduce myself and get my license to post (so to speak).
I've got to finish repairs on the Koi pond and on the 27'er. But in a couple months (or maybe more) I hope to start on my teardrop.
I am enamored with the Grumman-2 profile from the design library (thanks Andrew). I am starting with that and making mods so I'm calling it the gRayman. I am spending time right now learning Sketchup and getting ideas. Here is what I currently have in mind.

/David
dray
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Woodyperk6 » Wed May 07, 2008 11:55 am

Welcome to the forum & have a great time with your build.Try to make it to a gathering sometime & meet some new folks & see some trailers in person. It's a great way to travel & camp.
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Wed May 07, 2008 12:35 pm

Old what's her name thought I had lost my mind when I started my build last April. She was totally oblivious to it until I started on the " cute little kitchen" then she was at my elbow helping me to rethink my thinking. Seriously she had several good ideas. We test slept in the side yard a couple of times and she was brave enough to go on the January shivaree with me. -1 with a -15 below wind chill what a night ! She still talks about it and can not wait the 9 remaining days till we go back for the Brown County Blowout on May 16th. All we have done is work and I told her this is our summer to goof off. No home remodeling no mini barn builds for extra cash no home repairs for the family just us camping and enjoying the summer. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we intend to enjoy ours.

P.S. Welcome aboad :D
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu May 08, 2008 7:58 pm

Image to the playground Dave. Looks like you have a good plan. Now since you have been around a bit I will just remind you about the :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: and the Image ;) :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mike C. » Thu May 08, 2008 9:33 pm

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum. If you have questions, just ask, that's why we're here. Good luck with your build and be sure and post lots of pictures of your progress.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Mary K » Thu May 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Hello Dave!!

Welcome to the forum. Your Sketchup drawing looks great. :thumbsup: Looking forward to watching your build. Keep us posted. ;)

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves