Hi

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hi

Postby Mrs.Anthony337 » Sat May 10, 2008 10:28 am

Hi all,

I have been lurking on and off for years. :P I may have even made an account at some point, but who knows what I would have registered with-its been so long and so much has changed.

Anyways, long ago- has it been 10 years!? I was watching a TD slowly decompose and I would bug the person that answered the door occasionally, trying to get him to sell it to me before it was too late. One day, I noticed that some kids were playing in it and they had really started to make it go down hill and fast- so once again I knocked on the door...I must have widdled away at him (maybe others too) and he finally said if you can get it out of here within 2 hours- its yours. So I took her home :D

Unfortunately, I didnt get far with her...my husband at the time wasnt much help and we had other issues that got in the way...I had started to break it down to restore her but I quickly realized that I wasnt going to be able to do it fast enough...and I didnt want it to be further ruined.

So, I contacted someone - if I recall it was Lockness TDs and he bought it from me like 10 years ago- said he was going to make a template of it or something...I had a lot of offers-they were wanting the badges off it and such (guess I should tell ya what kind it was :P) because it was a Scad-a-bout and apparently everyone was excited about them badges. :P

Anyways, I often wish I had kept it and finished it...I had attended a couple meet n greets- TDless ofcourse- just to chat with and admire their TDs...and it seems I cannot get this fascination from under my skin.

Well- probably too much info for an intro- :lol: ...maybe one day I will get my hands on one.
-Eugena
Shasta Compact
Mrs.Anthony337
Teardrop Builder

Postby Roly Nelson » Sat May 10, 2008 1:42 pm

Mrs Anthony 337, the fellow you mentioned is David Locke, and if you contact him, I'm sure he could set you up in a fine teardrop of your liking. Once you get bit by the TD bug, you are doing yourself no favors by ignoring your love for these little gems. It sounds like you are ready to experience the enjoyment that your own personal teardrop can bring.

Roly........and by the way, welcome to the board that is here to help. :thumbsup:
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Mrs.Anthony337 » Sun May 11, 2008 2:27 am

Thanks for the welcome, I will have to look 'em up. :)
-Eugena
Shasta Compact
Mrs.Anthony337
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Wed May 14, 2008 9:32 am

Image to the playground Mrs. Anthony. We can't magically make you a td and there is nothing magical about the help or advice we give. But if you still want to restore one perhaps you should consider making one of your own.

We do great advice and help. Course the fee is to keep the bubble oil level with lots of :pictures: :pictures: :pictures:

Enjoy
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves