Long time lurker, Gypsy Vardo

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Long time lurker, Gypsy Vardo

Postby weblamer » Wed May 14, 2008 7:54 am

Greetings all. Thought I would take a moment to say hello. I have been a long time lurker and trolled the message board many times for picking up ideas of building a camper of my own. The ideas and advice from this board were of a major help.

Anyways, I thought I would show off my project, a Gypsy Vardo. I was going to a music festive a while back and I decided to build something to sleep in rather than bring my tent. Buying a trailer was a bit out of my price range, plus I did not want to go through the hassle of registering it, so I decided to make a truck-mounted camper.

You can see the results in the pics below. I had a great time camping in it and I cannot wait to try it again.

weblamer
Teardrop Inspector

Postby emiller » Wed May 14, 2008 8:07 am

Pretty cool, are you going to put windows in it. Welcome to the wonderful world of unique camping buddies. :thumbsup:
emiller
Donating Member

Postby weblamer » Wed May 14, 2008 8:10 am

emiller wrote:Pretty cool, are you going to put windows in it. Welcome to the wonderful world of unique camping buddies. :thumbsup:

Its got the little stained glass windows on the front. All i really need for letting light in.
weblamer
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Outlaw » Wed May 14, 2008 8:44 am

Very cool. Looks like you've got plenty of room to move on a rainy day :thumbsup:
Eric
ImageImageImage
Outlaw
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Wed May 14, 2008 9:27 am

And they laughed at my barn !

It's nice to be a little out of the box ain't it !

Lookin' good !!!! :thumbsup:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed May 14, 2008 9:47 pm

:applause: ahhhhhhhh how cute is that! I love it. :lol: I do hope this means you are building and will take lots of pictures to share.

Oh and Image to the playground!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby susan the bear » Sat May 17, 2008 5:35 am

adorable!
susan the bear
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat May 17, 2008 6:06 am

I bet it's a big hit at the festivals you go to, VERY KEWEL :thumbsup:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Mike C. » Sun May 18, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi weblamer,

Welcome to the forum. Real neat pick-up camper. What are you doing for electricity? Looks like you have 2 door entry fixtures, just curious how you are powering them up? And are you going to stick an air conditioner in it? Great looking design, especially with all the storage.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Oasis Maker » Sun May 18, 2008 8:29 pm

What a cool looking little house on its own! How heavy do you think it is and is it hard to place where you have it resting in the first pic? If you have little kids, I'm sure that is a GREAT playhouse in between use! You even have porch lights... that is too wild! :lol: Great job and welcome! :thumbsup:

Scott G.

Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Long time lurker, Gypsy Vardo

Postby del » Sun May 18, 2008 9:03 pm

weblamer wrote:Greetings all. Thought I would take a moment to say hello. I have been a long time lurker and trolled the message board many times for picking up ideas of building a camper of my own. The ideas and advice from this board were of a major help.

Anyways, I thought I would show off my project, a Gypsy Vardo. I was going to a music festive a while back and I decided to build something to sleep in rather than bring my tent. Buying a trailer was a bit out of my price range, plus I did not want to go through the hassle of registering it, so I decided to make a truck-mounted camper.

You can see the results in the pics below. I had a great time camping in it and I cannot wait to try it again.

Great looking camper, it is one of a kind (I mean this in a good way). It is a good thing you are not in Washington State, you would need to get a title, and register it complete with a separate tag.
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby fireaunt » Tue May 27, 2008 9:44 pm

Is there a twin bed or does the bed fold down? It sure is fun looking - I like the lights on the back. :applause:
fireaunt
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves