greetings from NC

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

greetings from NC

Postby chili » Wed May 21, 2008 12:35 pm

Hello, I've been lurking on and off for a couple of years now and just can't wait any longer. Last week I started doing a mock up of Mikes Weekender. This one is just to take out a couple of times to see if we can fit in it and to work out any kinks before I build one out of NIDA-CORE. My wife and I love to camp and get out doors. We have an 18 mo. old daughter who shares our contempt for being inside for any length of time. Well I guess that's about enough typing for now. This forum has such a wealth of info it's hard to find the time to read it all. Isn't that great?

thanks,
Andy
chili
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mary K » Wed May 21, 2008 3:00 pm

Hello and Welcome!!!

Yup, this is an awesome place huh? :thumbsup: You will not find a nicer group of folks to share you Teardrop enthusiasm.

Make sure you take lots of pictures of your build, keep us posted and ask if you can not find an answer. :D

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed May 21, 2008 3:57 pm

Image to the playground Andy. We will definitely look for the pictures of this one. Especially the ones that show how it goes together. :thumbsup: 8)

A lot of us are looking for a really light way to build and still keep the size soooooooooooooooo. :pictures: :pictures: Keep the bubble oil level. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby aratlynn » Wed May 21, 2008 7:50 pm

Hello! We got our teardrop (we bought a classic and are revamping it) to camp easier and more often with out 14 month old daughter. Setting up tents and all that jazz with a little one can be a bit hectic at times (as I'm sure you know), but the teardrop has been absolutely wonderful. I hope you guys love it as much as we do!
Best of luck in your build and adventures!
aratlynn
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Roly Nelson » Thu May 22, 2008 1:07 am

Welcome to the forum, Andy. What materials will you use on your mock-up? That sounds like a good idea, so you can finalize your thoughts on the real one. North Carolina, huh, that state has some great lighthouses, and I tried to climb to the top of most of them. Remember, do ask questions as your build proceeds, there are many on this board who are ready and willing to guide you through the process. Take pics, post em.
Roly ;)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby chili » Thu May 22, 2008 6:43 am

Good Moring All!

Thank you for the replys, I can't remember being this anxious to log onto my computer (of course this is my comp. at work).

Mary K- Yes this place is very awesome. As far as ?s, I think I have more of those than answers. The trick is getting in order. I see you do stained glass. Is that a hobby or business? Might have job for you.

Miriam C.- For the time being all of the pics are being taken with 35mm do to the untimely demise of my dig. cam., not to mention my home computer. I will make sure I have everything set in place prior to my NIDA-CORE build.

Wow, outa space already! ---to be continued---
chili
Teardrop Inspector

Postby chili » Thu May 22, 2008 7:22 am

Part II

aratlynn- Trust me, my wife and I are very familier with hectic. I like the bunk in your tear. I will be putting a single bunk in the mock up but will have to go with a double in the final build due to the impending birth of our second daughter. On a side note, my wifes middle name is Lynn and will also be the middle name of our next daughter.

Roly- Wow, I've been admiring your work since I first started looking at tears. What more can I say eccept Excellent! The new 1/2 Nelson is great as well. Is that based on a 40x48 frame? My mock up is being built with 1/2" OSB to keep the cost down, already spent enough on the NIDA-CORE (OUCH!!).

Darn, outta of room again. Thanks again to everone for the replays.
chili
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mary K » Thu May 22, 2008 12:56 pm

chili wrote:
Mary K- Yes this place is very awesome. As far as ?s, I think I have more of those than answers. The trick is getting in order. I see you do stained glass. Is that a hobby or business? Might have job for you.

Ah.....it was a hobby....until I found this site. :oops: In the future I plan on doing some port holes for the TD

chili wrote:Wow, outa space already! ---to be continued---

You can keep on typing....no limited space here. :thumbsup:
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby aratlynn » Thu May 22, 2008 9:33 pm

chili wrote:aratlynn- Trust me, my wife and I are very familier with hectic. I like the bunk in your tear. I will be putting a single bunk in the mock up but will have to go with a double in the final build due to the impending birth of our second daughter. On a side note, my wifes middle name is Lynn and will also be the middle name of our next daughter.

chili- the guy that i bought the tear from actually extended the bunk out from its original size and said that his two boys both slept up there until they were about 6 and 7. that was a huge plus for us, as we are thinking of having another little one. if you like, i will gladly measure it for you next time i am out there.
much congratulations on little middle Lynn!!! (that is also my middle name- the first is tara)

hey Mary K- I also do stained glass. and CAD! it seems we have more in common than tears. nice!
aratlynn
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves