Newbie from the West Coast!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie from the West Coast!

Postby dawn_mdb » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:26 pm

Hey folks! Just a quick post to say hello. Not sure if I have stumbled across the "right" site for my newly acquired 70's, 14' Terry travel trailer, but what the heck? Looks like a fun place to browse all the cool vintage T&TTTs. ;) 14' may not seem that "tiny", but consider that we are a family of five and it starts to look a lot smaller. :shock:

Posted a question on one of the other forums, wish me luck! If/when we ever get our trailer spiffed up, I'll post some pics for everyone to laugh at. :lol:
dawn_mdb
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:39 pm

I'll bet we could squeeze you in between a couple teardrops!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: And hey, welcome to the forum!!!

My tiny travel trailer is 12'... so you're within 2 feet of me! And since you probably haven't seen my trailer yet, check it out here!

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=20461

It's only 8 pages, you can handle it!!!

Mike...

P.S. Don't wait to spiff it up! Take photos NOW!!! We need pictures!!!! :R
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Oregonian » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:39 pm

Welcome Dawn_mdb, to the land of teardroping and etc. Come, June 12, there is going to be the First Jefferson State chapter Rondevous in Medford Or, and would like to see you there. If you don't have a teardrop just come to see what fellowship we all have, and also lots of fun. Look up "Teardrops & tiny travel trailers Index" and click on "Destinations" and see all of the Or and Cal gatherings.
Anyway, welcome to the forum.
:thumbsup: Bruce From LaPine Or.
Jefferson State Chapter :SG
The love of teardrops brings people together

where have you gone if you haven't left
Oregonian
Teardrop Master

Postby Mike C. » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:42 pm

Hi dawn_mdb,

Welcome to the forum. We like all kinds of trailers and we really are a group that likes to laugh, so kill two birds with one stone and post some pictures. Anyway, glad you decided to join and we will be looking forward to those pictures.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:54 pm

Image to the playground. We really do have a thing for the pictures so don't hesitate! We also have some serious restorers here so 8) Besides they keep the bubble oil level and Aunti's is gettin a bit off lately.

Enjoy :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Roly Nelson » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:08 am

West Coast, West Coast, Hey, I'm from the West Coast too. Where abouts on the Coast do you hail from, perhaps we are neighbors? Do try to check out a local gathering if you can. If you go alone, those friendly teardroppers might just invite you for dinner if you look good and hungry. That's how I got started in this madness. I guess I am a cross-over, since I also have a 10 ft Kenskill Standy as well as a TD. Hope all goes well on the spiffing up of your rig, I'm sure the family will love it.
Roly ;)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Thanks, everyone!

Postby dawn_mdb » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:35 am

Might take a day or two to get some pics up. I was at the movies last night - a RARE opportunity ;) - and am working all day today. Will try to snap some pics tonight and post tomorrow. Took a quick look at the interior with hubby again this a.m., and it actually looks better than I originally thought... a good thing!

Uncle & Aunti M - thanks for the warm welcome!

Bruce - probably won't make the 6/12 roundup -- we are visiting friends in San Francisco that weekend. We plan to have our trailer "camp ready" by the first week in July, so you might just see us at future No. Cal. get togethers!

Roly - Wow. I'm blown away by your teardrop. Beautiful workmanship! :applause:
dawn_mdb
Teardrop Inspector

Postby TheBizMan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:47 pm

Welcome Dawn_mdb, prepare for information overload. :)
Lee - TheBizMan sez
Teardrops make for happy camping
ImageImage
TheBizMan
Gold Donating Member

Postby dawn_mdb » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:35 pm

Thanks, BizMan! I'm okay with information overload, although checking fun sites like this one does tend to get in the way of my job (or is it the other way around?) :twisted: ;)

Hey Roly, realized I did not answer your question. We're up in No. Cal. - Sacramento. :) For now, at least! I've lived all over the country since I was a kid, but have been a California girl for almost 20 years. I consider myself a City girl (S.F. was my all-time favorite place to live) with a Country girl heart, since I absolutely need to get out in the wilderness on a fairly regular basis. Am betting on our new-old trailer to help realize that ambition.
dawn_mdb
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Roly Nelson » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:00 am

Dawn, you should check out the International Redwood Gathering in Carlotta, just a bit North of you. Drag your new toy up there and meet dozens of great teardrop and vintage trailer folks. It's about 7 weeks from now, so your rig may be finished by then. Just click on the Destinations website above. See you there.
Roly 8)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby dawn_mdb » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:10 pm

Hi Roly,

that does look like a fun gathering! And wow, what a gorgeous setting. I checked out the website and it says they are limiting the event to 250, and it has already "sold out." Maybe they are taking names for a waitlist? I'll look into it. If we are able to go, I'll definitely let you guys know! Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:
dawn_mdb
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves