Newby to Teardrops but boy do they look familiar!!!!!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newby to Teardrops but boy do they look familiar!!!!!

Postby boukrev » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:00 pm

I am looking at these as a project that would be fun and go with another project I would like to do. Id like to build a Layton tender about 14feet in length strip style. I would use the Teardrop to carry it along behind Tacoma and go to my favorite places. I am adventurous and have been to places people dream about due to my job and is why these seem very familiar. I am an aircraft mechanic at one of the big 3 and get yelled at by all the flight attendants and blamed for everything by everyone else. I am pretty knowledgeable on these so I may poke my nose into a subject and let you know how an aircraft is done and may be a good way to try. Aircraft have large things put is places and ways that would make you scream, plus they are similarly put together as these teardrops. I hope I can be of help and you can help me so lets go camping.

Gregg
boukrev
Teardrop Inspector

Postby doug hodder » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:14 pm

Buckle your seat belt, return your flight attendant to her full upright position and cross check!!!....You're about to take off on a great experience and you'll probably get hooked on these little babies....There are quite a few builders in the Sac. area, and a bunch up HWY 50 near P-ville, that's where I am. Welcome aboard, most importantly build what you want and have fun with it, you'll find lots of help with this group. Some of us build boats too! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Mike C. » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:48 pm

Hi Gregg,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you can take your knowledge and translate it to teardrops. We can use all the help we can get. Just remember when you do start to build to post lots of pictures, so we can see how you are doing. Glad you joined.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:41 pm

Image to the playground Gregg! Got pictures of the boat? :twisted: A bunch of us have weird visions of Teardrops and boats being towed to some remote fun spot. 8)

Dig out the camera cause you will need it to keep the bubble oil level. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Roly Nelson » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:36 am

Welcome to the forum, Gregg. Well that settles it, I will never fly on one of those planes again. Gather your talents and jump right in to a teardrop build. One good thing, you won't have to worry about getting an AD on it from a government official. Good luck on your efforts.
;) Roly
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby satch » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:32 pm

I hope I can be of help and you can help me so lets go camping.

Just ask, and ye shall receive 8)
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves