Howdy!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Howdy!

Postby Hoosier Greg » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:57 am

Howdy My name is Greg and I'm from SE Indiana. I finely mustered the nerve after several weeks of lurking.

Little about me. I'm self employed in the home improvement business. Obviously I too been bitten by the Tear Drop Craze. :D
Gosh I have so many question and yet I don't know where to begin.

I'm thinking maybe I can draw my own profile 5x10 in the style of the lemon drop woodie.What do you think. Can it be done .
Also,The trailer I'm going to be using to build on is from a pop up tent trailer. I'm thinking to go with the torsion axles for ground clearance while camping in back country . I'm a bird hunter that likes to camp in out of the way places like the Desert country of eastern Oregon...

Greg.
Hoosier Greg
Teardrop Master

Postby Mary K » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:06 am

Hi Greg!! Welcome to the play Ground!

Lots of folks have built on old Pop up trailers so you will be in good company. I am not familiar with the lemon drop woodie, but I am sure other can advise you on this.

Good luck and remember we love pictures, so take lots and keep us posted on your progress.

Mk.
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Hoosier Greg » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:23 pm

Hello Mary K and thank you for the kind welcome.
I too do not know much about the Lemon Drop Woodie. I just seen couple of pictures while browsing someones web site. I fell in love with the profile . It appears to be little longer with lower sweep on both ends..I also like the Grumman 2 ? .On the other hand with so many choices I am sure I'll change my mind several times before I get started. :)
Greg.
Hoosier Greg
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:15 pm

Image to the playground Greg. Sure looking forward to the build. That is a hint to dig out the :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: and keep the bubble oil level. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mike C. » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:55 pm

Hi Greg,

Welcome to the forum. Our trailer was built on an old pop-up camper trailer frame. All you gotta do is start making sawdust and you'll be camping before you know it. Just keep Miriam happy and post lots of photos as you build. If you have questions, just ask, but most of all, just get in and have fun.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby doug hodder » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:17 pm

Welcome aboard Greg, seeings how you are in the home improvement business, I'm sure you're a master at being a problem solver. That will be a big help to you on your build. Have fun with your build and keep us all posted with pics. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Hoosier Greg » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:11 am

Thank you Fellas and Gals.

Boy oh Boy. After looking at some of the members builds you guys are going to be a hard act for me to follow.
I wish I had a clearer date as to when I can get started . Onlything clear is that I want to have it finished and tested towards the last week in Sept.

I'm thinking the pop up should have some nice goodies that I could use besides the trailer.

Like the electrical converter, the sink possibly, and the frig . Plus a ton of electrical wiring that I think could be recycled..

One of the issues I see that I will have to deal with is the width of the trailer which happens to be a bout a foot wider than what I think I'll need. My plan is to channel it and cut and re weld the existing axle tubing to right width. Change the axle hub to accept five lug 15 incher's, as I will need the ground clearance for the out of the way places I plant to be camping in...
Other than that ,I will have to deal with things as they come up.

Am I on the right track.
Greg.......
Hoosier Greg
Teardrop Master

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves