So you think you want a tear????

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Re: So you think you want a tear????

Postby working on it » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:13 pm

Train Wreck wrote:... I plan on doing a 20ft long 6ft high teardrop. I just really like the shape.... Is there any other teardrops this size?
How about Vairman's (Greg) SuperTear? viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33828 I can personally attest that it's huge, and awesome. On my first trip with the S.Central Group, I had just finished? (they are never really finished) my 4x8 TTT, and was very proud of myself... until I toured the SuperTear. It made my TTT look like what it is...a tiny box on wheels, compared to his rolling home. It's laid out perfectly for camping, and the drop floor is a great feature. I like the SuperTear better than my wife's 20ft Puma, and it is probably better constructed than the factory trailers out there, too.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Train Wreck » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:25 pm

working on it wrote:
Train Wreck wrote:... I plan on doing a 20ft long 6ft high teardrop. I just really like the shape.... Is there any other teardrops this size?
How about Vairman's (Greg) SuperTear? viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33828 I can personally attest that it's huge, and awesome. On my first trip with the S.Central Group, I had just finished? (they are never really finished) my 4x8 TTT, and was very proud of myself... until I toured the SuperTear. It made my TTT look like what it is...a tiny box on wheels, compared to his rolling home. It's laid out perfectly for camping, and the drop floor is a great feature. I like the SuperTear better than my wife's 20ft Puma, and it is probably better constructed than the factory trailers out there, too.
I like it. I'm going for more of a large cabin car ( I think). I like the pointed rear end vs the rounder back. If anyone has any links to super teardrops or standup teardrops I would appreciate. It. I plan on finishing the floor this weekend and go from there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Train Wreck
Teardrop Builder

Postby mariof61 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:21 am

I bought a 2016 lil guy Silver shadow and been enjoying camping in Florida ever since. My wife didn't like camping in tents due to a bad experience up north when we tent camp and it rain at night...what a nightmare. She enjoys our tiny tear drop and convenience of it.Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
mariof61
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Zopie » Fri May 28, 2021 7:45 am

Hello!
Newbie here...in fact this is my first post.
I'm not even sure if I want a tear. I just know my hubby and I want to build a small camper. I keep finding too may ideas that spin me off to new directions LOL
My goal for this weekend is we're going to decide exactly what we need in a camper...everything else is a bonus :)
Zopie
Teardrop Inspector

Postby S. Heisley » Fri May 28, 2021 5:21 pm

Zopie wrote:Hello!
Newbie here...in fact this is my first post.
I'm not even sure if I want a tear. I just know my hubby and I want to build a small camper. I keep finding too may ideas that spin me off to new directions LOL
My goal for this weekend is we're going to decide exactly what we need in a camper...everything else is a bonus :)

Good idea. Start with the vehicle that you will be using to tow your trailer. Find out how much weight it can tow and how much weight it can stop, both with brakes and without brakes on the trailer. That will quickly narrow down your search.

Next, write down things like storage, the kind of galley you want, and potty style. Also, do you need to stand up to get dressed or will a shower tent suffice?

Think about if you will be taking the trailer off road. You may need or want special features for that.

List everything you can think of and qualify it with a number 1 to 10 as to how important that feature is to you. From all of this, you'll have a pretty good idea what you can and should get and will be ready to start looking or drawing up build plans and checking the stock in your wallets. Best wishes!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby tony.latham » Fri May 28, 2021 6:06 pm

I'm not even sure if I want a tear. I just know my hubby and I want to build a small camper.

Teardrops aren't for everyone. But if you like to cook outside, eat outside, enjoy a campfire and then snuggle into a nice quiet space with a super comfortable bed --build a teardrop.

But if you need an interior space to cook, eat, watch the tube... build a standie. Us? We like to camp.

:thinking:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby friz » Sat May 29, 2021 6:11 am

The most overlooked but best feature on most teardrops is, two doors. The ability for you to get out of bed without crawling over your significant other.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby QueticoBill » Sat May 29, 2021 8:02 am

That would be for those that have significant others, or also maybe those that hope to find significant others. :)
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves