Hi Newbie from UK

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hi Newbie from UK

Postby CCUK » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:58 pm

Hi Guys

Hello From UK
Been planning my teardrop for over 21/2 years now. With hours of research under my belt and relatively detailed plans drawn up in Sketch up I need to take the plunge soon before I go crazy. I have not purchased any products/materials. just wanting to get all parts of the construction straight in my head. A mistake in design early in the early construction could impact on something later.

I will start a thread soon starting with my chassis ideas and hopefully with the help of you guys here on tntt can iron out any mistakes or issues. So please...do feel free to comment and make any suggestions.

Thanks
CCUK :thumbsup:
CCUK
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hi Newbie from UK

Postby dales133 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:22 pm

Look forward to seeing your ideas.welcome to the forum.
Are you going to the world cup at all?
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby angib » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:07 am

You also need to be aware that if you are building a trailer from scratch in the UK, it now needs to pass a IVA (individual approval) test before it can be used legally.

See: https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-approval/ind ... e-approval
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby CCUK » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:54 am

angib wrote:You also need to be aware that if you are building a trailer from scratch in the UK, it now needs to pass a IVA (individual approval) test before it can be used legally.

See: https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-approval/ind ... e-approval

Hi Angib
Have posted my initial chassis ideas already on the UK forum (will do the same here) and have used your tongue strength document to work out what I think I need. (fantastic help by the way... thank you).

I have planned the whole project but will every step of the way post here and TCGB to share my ideas and will welcome any comments.

I am planning this to be a simple but beautiful shaped TD that will be safe and up to UK IVA Standards, I love the look of Jack Gerbers Tiny Trailers!

Thanks Angib I'm sure you will be a big help to me with your experience...so thanks in advance

CCUK
CCUK
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves