Hi from Melbourne (Aussie)

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Re: Hi from Melbourne (Aussie)

Postby QueticoBill » Mon May 24, 2021 4:58 pm

If you can keep seams/joints parallel to the span, it shouldn't make a difference. So on vertical walls, vertical seams; on roof, seams perpendicular to walls. You could even do these "planks" individually, and dutchman the seams, structurally; but you might not like the look depending on finish. Some might batten the seam and that would be fine.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Re: Hi from Melbourne (Aussie)

Postby heliantha » Fri May 28, 2021 12:14 am

No PHEV to my regret - I have a 2006 Nissan xtrail now. It is a hand-me-down from family so I have to make do. 2000kg towing limit so uh, plenty of room!

As for foam, I can get 2500x600 for sure. 1200 wide would be better but eh... It will need joins regardless. I plan to make use of my dad's woodworking knowledge on making interlocking joints (has anyone done dovetails in foam??) so I'm going to order a little piece to test how well it works.

I can kick the kids out to sleep in a tent, or even in the back of the car, but I do want enough room we can all squish in in case of bad weather. I mean, we've all squished into a 3 man popup tent last january so yeah, I think it's doable. Going to be very simple inside I think.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
heliantha
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves