Hello from Belleville Ontario, Canada

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Belleville Ontario, Canada

Postby chrismc » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:18 pm

Hello

My wife and I started camping in a Sears metal box with canvas strung over top circa 1950s.....this worked fine until 2 adults, 1 small child and 1 baby and a large dog filled it up.
We moved up to a Bon Air 13' pop-top beast..a pile of room, but we were much too comfortable.....so we sold the trailer and invested in canoes and smaller tents.
Portaging we go...with our family and with Scouts/Venturers. We really have some great wilderness in Ontario! Portaging is still a pleasure for us.

So now as the nest starts to thin out, and I spend more time in the workshop, a "Wyoming Woody" is the design of choice. What a great site "http://teardropbuilder.com/"....as a person that wants to understand all details before diving in, the site is absolutely fantastic.

So the first step is to review the trailer frame design, my car (2014 Forester) hitch height, and the desired torsion axle angle. I have access to some great welders.
Next step will be customizing the interior and exterior cabinets.

Until next post.

CMc
chrismc
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Belleville Ontario, Canada

Postby edgeau » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:23 pm

Welcome to the community from Gold Coast Australia! Make sure you do a build thread when you get started, they are a great way to get encouragement, advice and give back at the same time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
edgeau
500 Club

Postby QueticoBill » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:21 pm

Welcome. My first love is Quetico PP but hope to expand to Wabakimi and Woodland Caibou before long. Im working on a teardrop to mske it easier to get there ftom here, which isnt too far ftom you - opposite Gananoque.

Wishing you great success on your build!
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby chrismc » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:16 pm

Update - things are progressing. I will populate lots of details into a build thread very soon. I have not posted in a build thread yet...because I can be easily distracted by long debates!

Our plan was to build a 5x8 Wyoming Woody, but once the size was reviewed at scale, we agreed more room was needed....so I took the Woody 5x8 trailer base and modified to 5x10.
The rest of the story so far can be reviewed in pictures and comments at: https://photos.app.goo.gl/V9fS23RSrQZQKdXe7

When I am done...I share the timeline, learnings, suppliers etc. so folks can learn from my bumps and bruises.
Building this has been great therapy and my woodworking skills have greatly improved (the pictures may NOT tell the same story.... ;->)

Til next time

CMc
chrismc
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves