Newbie from Alabama

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie from Alabama

Postby Frankly » Mon May 10, 2021 10:10 pm

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I just finished a 4x8 teardrop a couple of weeks ago. Still working on getting it outfitted, but plan to take it out later this week on the first "official" campout.

I recently became a widower and this build all got started last fall when I casually mentioned to my 5 kids, one of my retirement dreams was to build a teardrop camper and take it to Alaska. So one of my son in laws took it on himself to coordinate and build the trailer frame and they then gave it to me for Christmas. So I started in January and finished in late April. My wife and I have always been campers, owning everything from popups to class A Motorhomes. After she left us I sold our Motorhome, but knew I would need something to replace it, and so the teardrop idea was born. I think I am going to like the teardrop a lot. I tried to post a picture, but it appears that posting pictures is not real easy and I need to go to bed. I'll try later.

I recently retired after a long engineering career. I plan to do a lot of projects around my 35 acre farm and also work in some golf. Alaska will have to wait for Canada to reopen - no telling when that will be?

Jerry
Frankly
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newbie from Alabama

Postby Frankly » Mon May 17, 2021 10:04 pm

Here are pictures of my recently completed Teardrop.
Frankly
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves