Hello from Southeastern USA

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Southeastern USA

Postby Hotrod70 » Fri May 28, 2021 11:08 am

Hello everyone. To give a little insight, I live in the southeast United States, I do a lot of traveling to bike events, bike rallies, things of that nature. I wanted a toy hauler to haul my bike in as well as have living quarters while I was at an event. At some of the events I've seen others do the CTC's and after looking into some of the builds I realize that I have all the skills in order to make this happen which is a major plus. I bought a 7x14 cargo trailer from a guy that lived in Florida for $1,000 USD. Between the salt air and his allowing the roof to continually leak, I've had my hands full.
Unfortunately I was injured at work and the work on the CTC has slowed tremendously. In a couple of months I should be back at it so hopefully I'll have it wrapped up by end of the year.
Hotrod70
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Southeastern USA

Postby Hotrod70 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:13 pm

I have been rather busy and have not posted any new pictures as many of you have noticed. To give an update I have the frame squared away and primed, new plywood in for flooring, new electrical for trailer lights as well as new 6-inch oval LED brake/turn/lights installed, and a new 7 pin connector, I have also ran my electrical drops for outlets and I have my 100 amp breaker box installed and wired, as well as a 30 amp inlet with 6/2 wiring to the breaker box. I have new marker lights that I will be installing in the next few days. I will be brazing some of the non-essential holes in the siding that the previous owner felt was necessary, LOL, ugh. Once I have the holes filled in I will be installing insulation and wall sheeting.
Hotrod70
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Southeastern USA

Postby pchast » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:12 pm

Sounds like good progress. :thumbsup:
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves