NWI Newbie

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

NWI Newbie

Postby kimberbuilds » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:50 am

Good morning and happy Sunday from soggy Northwest Indiana!

My name is Kim and I was... am..? might be? a covid camper.

Last summer we bought the biggest, cleanest, most affordable, used pop-up. A local family saw my "ISO" post and we got a great deal while everyone else was scrambling to find campers. I spent a week deep cleaning it, only for us to keep it in the backyard all summer, and only sleep in it 4 nights.

You see, the only research I didn't do was on the size of the trailer when pulling it, so we ended up with a big problem. The pop-up is 7'3" wide, and our back gate opening is 7'6", so there really isn't room for error for my poor husband who has never trailered anything in his life. And at 19' long, plus the Jeep's length of 15'something, maneuvering around our septic field was a lengthy chore. :?

Long story short, our fence is busted and 2 weeks ago I sold the pop-up within 48 hours of listing it on Facebook. :R

For some reason, I can't shake the desire to go camping and having a little home away from home, so that's what brought me here.

With lumber prices so high, it's unlikely that I can start a teardrop project right away though. But I can do ALLLLL the research and planning in the meantime. We also have some scrap wood in the garage, so I am considering making a chuckbox to 1. Practice our woodworking and routing skills and 2. Be able to add to a teardrop when we're able to build one.

And with that, I'm off to look into a few more threads. Thanks for letting me join in the fun!!
kimberbuilds
Teardrop Inspector

Re: NWI Newbie

Postby QueticoBill » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:07 pm

Glad you joined us!
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby kimberbuilds » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:47 pm

QueticoBill wrote:Glad you joined us!

Thank you!!

I used to go tent camping multiple times every summer when I was a kid. But the last time I camped was 10 years ago.

If the weather holds out for next weekend, we'll try the tent in the backyard. Gotta make sure it's comfy and leak free!
kimberbuilds
Teardrop Inspector

Postby QueticoBill » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:06 pm

I first went camping 60 years ago. Today's gear is amazing! No place I'd rather bunk than under a tent.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves