New guy from Oregon

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New guy from Oregon

Postby Reprod » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:34 am

Been lurking on here for a couple months. We have really enjoyed the forum. Just ordered a new trailer with plans to do a conversion this winter. We bought a 7.5x16 utv trailer by Ez hauler. My wife and I are excited to start the process.
We added an egress window in the side and a 12v vent in the top. Anything extra we should consider adding/subtracting from the order. We have a couple months before it is ready.
Thanks
Reprod
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New guy from Oregon

Postby DryHeatDan » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:37 am

Considering your temperatures up there today, you may want to add some air conditioning.
DryHeatDan
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Reprod » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:45 pm

DryHeatDan wrote:Considering your temperatures up there today, you may want to add some air conditioning.

No kidding. We are not used to this kind of heat. suppose to be 110 where we live today. 101 at 1200.
Reprod
Teardrop Inspector

Postby twisted lines » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:33 pm

Removable plywood is the first thing I see most miss the option of :thinking:

Welcome &I am somewhere in that temp range today as well :NC
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Reprod » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:48 pm

twisted lines wrote:Removable plywood is the first thing I see most miss the option of :thinking:

Welcome &I am somewhere in that temp range today as well :NC

Thanks on the advice for removable plywood. That would surely save a lot of work.
Thanks
Reprod
Teardrop Inspector

Postby cwaet » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:59 pm

Welcome to the forum, I am in the process of converting a 7x16 EZ Hauler, and I'm also in Oregon. Mine came with the removable plywood walls but worth asking. Overall been pretty happy with the build quality. I got an extra 6" of height so I could stand up in it and add extra roof and floor (inside) insulation. RV door with the screen was too expensive for what it is, but we ended up getting it and I will admit is is nice to have the screen door. Check out my build page for other things I had added from the factory and feel free to PM with me with any questions.
7x16 Cargo Trailer Conversion - Build #1 viewtopic.php?f=42&t=73720
Pacific Northwest
cwaet
Teardrop Builder

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves