Hello from Oregon

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Oregon

Postby thehikingengineer » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:13 am

Hello from Oregon. My wife and I have been wanting a travel trailer lately but can’t afford a retail one right now. Came across the idea of building a teardrop and was hooked instantly. When we bought our house and I had a garage to work in I started woodworking. First an end table, then a (giant) dresser, then a large outdoor table and benches. So I’m beyond excited building my teardrop as I love the construction and I love being in the outdoors so can’t wait to use it.

I have a 4x8 HF #1720 that I am building out to be 5x9 with a 2x4 and 1/2” sheathing box to go up and over the wheels. I am probably going a bit tank like on that piece, but I want it to help strengthen the HF trailer. From that I am going with 1x2 stick frame 3/4” foam with 1/4” out and 1/8” in walls. Have a bit of a custom shape as I want to have a queen bed, bit of foot room for the dog (golden retriever) and a bunk bed for our 15 mo daughter who is growing rapidly and will need her own spot in the camper by the time we start using it. Oh and a galley too with the classic hurricane hinge door. Can you tell I want a bit of everything? :lol:

I plan on making a thread for my build soon so I can ask a few of the questions I have. But for now I wanted to introduce myself here.

Daniel
thehikingengineer
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Oregon

Postby twisted lines » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:31 am

Welcome from not so far away,
Queen on a HF
I’m watching this one.
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Graniterich » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:57 am

Welcome from South Central Washington. There are so many places to camp in the pnw. I have built 25 teardrops on that trailer, clean those bearings really well!
Graniterich
Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:48 am

Hellooo from Idaho...

:beer:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby timhill28 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:33 pm

Welcome aboard! Enjoy the community
timhill28
Teardrop Builder

Postby western traveler » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:04 pm

Welcome Daniel, I can assure you that you have come to the right place. A wealth of information to be had here.
Ralph
western traveler
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves