New guy PNW

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New guy PNW

Postby TearDropDrippin » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:02 am

Hello all, long time listener first time caller. About 6 months ago now after many hours on this forum I started my build. My father in-law has had the frame from a 1970s Cox pop up on his property for many years and with quarantine it’s time to come back to life arrived. Dimensions are 6.5’x9’. Started by decorating the frame(rust oleum undercarriage paint) the plywood floor for the most part was solid so just patched some areas then coated it with bed liner. The design I came up with was not really a standie as both my wife and I are tall, but larger than a standard tear. Inside the main cabin enough room for a queen bed and two storage cabinets. One for stuff one potentially for a portapotti. The galley I am hopping will hold a built in cooler, that will be an older cooler that will be over insulated with rigid foam. A small sink most likely that just circulates out an in water cans with a 12v pump. Power wise I just purchased a Renogy 100w kit to power a fan and led lights. I am going to wire in 2 110v outlets but shore power and inverter might come later. The windows and door I scrapped from an RV yard and I cut down a full size door that I am pretty happy with considering the price of new year doors. So, that is the vision so far. Most recently on the build I finished the PMF wich I am mostly happy with only one area about 12inches in diameter did not get the best adhesion. As well I made a mistake of what I thought was a good idea to flex seal all the lower plywood edges but then the TBII did not stick to probably the most crucial area. After all that my wife put the final paint scheme on the trailer and it looks awesome! So that took some extra work and different glue. Today is finishing exterior trim from vintage technologies then wiring, insulation, interior skin, then can get the windows and doors back in before the rain starts here! It’s not perfect but it’s mine :thumbsup:

Now I need to figure out to post pics???

Thanks for reading and everything you guys share.
TearDropDrippin
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New guy PNW

Postby TearDropDrippin » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:47 am

TearDropDrippin
Teardrop Inspector

Postby halfdome, Danny » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:09 am

Welcome to the form, nice looking build.
Your graphics look nice, makes me think of the 70’s
:D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby popper » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:28 am

Agreed on those graphics.. and colors are so good. Like that angled tail too.
popper
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Bezoar » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:59 am

I like the paint scheme!
Bezoar
Teardrop Master

Postby timhill28 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:38 pm

That's one nice build, man! Welcome
timhill28
Teardrop Builder