NW Florida

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

NW Florida

Postby nktidwel » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:18 pm

Hello from Northwest Florida. Specifically Cottondale, Fl (I10 or US90 and US231). I plan on building a foamie sometime early next year, after I have thyroid surgery.
I have a wife thats not too fond of sleeping anywhere other than home in bed. I hope to get her more comfortable outside. Also joining us on trips is my 11yr old step son that's never been camping and hasn't really shown any interest in anything but an xbox and YouTube.
I work full time as the only maintenance person in the comfort inn and suites in Marianna, Fl. I plan to acquire some sheets from work for the PMF for pretty cheap. I think they were selling used/stained sheets for like $1. I figure stains don't matter when paint is covering them anyway.

I'm open to tips and tricks and any suggestions to get 3 (overweight) people and as many "amenities" as possible in a trailer that can be towed by an 8th gen civic (yes, I know it shouldn't be done and am aware of potential issues, it has 266k+ miles on it).
Tow Vehicle: 2009 Honda Civic LX, with Hayden transmission cooler and Reese Hitch.
nktidwel
Teardrop Inspector

Re: NW Florida

Postby rjgimp » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:29 pm

Welcome to the asylum! If you have discovered the brilliance of foam/PMF construction and have not run away laughing you know that your goal is totally attainable. There are many foam builds here well under 1000 pounds that can comfortably handle sleeping 3, overweight or not.
:lol:

It has been suggested that I get into shape but I don't understand why. I thought round IS a shape! :R
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Re: NW Florida

Postby nktidwel » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:43 pm

rjgimp wrote:It has been suggested that I get into shape but I don't understand why. I thought round IS a shape! :R

It is indeed.
Tow Vehicle: 2009 Honda Civic LX, with Hayden transmission cooler and Reese Hitch.
nktidwel
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves